In December, my parents said they'd be giving us money towards our wedding but they won't be able to give it to us until april. April is almost over and I haven't seen this money they speak of. Is it rude to ask them about it? Even if they can't give it to us, I'd rather know! What do you think?
PreshusSmurf
Posted:
Member since
Re: need advice
if you don't NEED the money right now to pay off a vendor (with your wedding in september, i would guess you still have some time left for that) ... i would wait until the end of the month or early may to ask about it ....
is it possible they were anticipating a tax refund or something like that, and are just waiting for it to arrive?
i totally get that you are frustrated and/or anxious waiting for it ... just be a little more patient
MikeandJess
Posted:
Member since
Re: need advice
Posted by PreshusSmurf
if you don't NEED the money right now to pay off a vendor (with your wedding in september, i would guess you still have some time left for that) ... i would wait until the end of the month or early may to ask about it ....
is it possible they were anticipating a tax refund or something like that, and are just waiting for it to arrive?
i totally get that you are frustrated and/or anxious waiting for it ... just be a little more patient
I don't know the whole story but it's something about gifting it to us out of my dad's 401k or something along those lines, I can wait and ask them until may, the reason why I want to know is because my dad thinks this is apparently his wedding and he keeps sending me lists of people to invite that I don't know. If they're giving us money towards the wedding I really don't mind but if we have to pay for this ourselves I'm not going to be inviting his friends, at least not all of them. We are sending in our envelopes to the calligrapher, that's the only reason why I wanted to know but I think you're right, I'll ask in may.
PreshusSmurf
Posted:
Member since
Re: need advice
hmmm .... is it possible to hold back those guests in question from the calligrapher for another couple of weeks, until you know for sure what the deal is?
alternately, i guess if you have the extra envelopes, you could pay to have them addressed, but not mail them until you know what the deal is.
you don't really have to have the invites in the mail until july anyway ...
MikeandJess
Posted:
Member since
Re: need advice
Posted by PreshusSmurf
hmmm .... is it possible to hold back those guests in question from the calligrapher for another couple of weeks, until you know for sure what the deal is?
alternately, i guess if you have the extra envelopes, you could pay to have them addressed, but not mail them until you know what the deal is.
you don't really have to have the invites in the mail until july anyway ...
that's a good idea, we do have the extra envelopes. Thanks for your help