Post New Topic

need advise

Gin-Char 104 Posted:

need advise

Ok here is the Long story short:
my friend of since 3rd grade has been married for 6 years she is 29 husband is 39. for 5 years husband has been asking for kids....friend didn't want any...too young and she still wanted ?party Time' so she called me yesterday letting me know that they were going to start trying after the holidays...and how would i feel if she was in the wedding party 6-7 months pregnant....i Initial reaction was grrrr now u are going to try 8 months b-4 my wedding but I said 'I want you La in my BP b/c you are a special friend...prego Or not' I ask her if she didn't want to be in the BP she said she did (sounded sincere) but wanted to know what to do about ordering the BM dress, since in my newsletter I put order by 11/1 ( i was told 6 months for the watters & watters to come in) if she gets pregnant in Dec. she will be 6-7months in July. But if not who knows what month she will be? I can tell she doesn't want to have a baby right now but is feeling pressure......I Called the dress place that I got my gown from and they said I could wait til Dec to order dress ...but I am not getting it from them b/c they are SO much $...& I told them this and they said I really have to wait....what Do I do????
SN2BMRSBURTE Posted:

Re: need advise

Well, honestly.. I think you should listen to what the bridal shop said, and wait until they say you should have her order.
I would still have her in the BP if you are good friends and it sounds like she really wants to be in the BP, which you said it does.
I think I am going to have 3 of my BM prego..all diff stages for mine ...I understand for pictures and stuff how it could be a PITA ...but personally, I think prego women in BM dresses are adorable!. My MOH told me she prob will be, and I told her go for it!
I know you are thinking about your special wedding day and want every part of it to be perfect (like we all do )..because it is one of the most important days of your life!!! BUT.....
You have to remember that having a baby is too, and I think it would be nice for your friend to wait til she is ready , and not have to worry about not being part of the wedding party because of it

I can't wait to see my pics of all my prgo BM's!!
I'll prob be the tiniest one in the picture
Maybride07 Posted:

Re: need advise

IMO if your BM dresses take 6 months to come in then I would Order them 8-9 months before. I would tell her to order a bigger size if she is TTC. But If she says she is trying after the holidays she might not get prego right away. I totally understand how people cannot plan their lives around your wedding, but can't she wait until April/May to TTC. J/K!!
PegaLega Posted:

Re: need advise

Thats a tough one, I would definitely order them whent he store says to-the last thing that you need is to order them borderline with enough time and not have them come in on time! You dont need the stress of that a few weeks before.

Im sorry-I know that was no help whatso ever
Tiggeruth Posted:

Re: need advise

I think that you should just order a bigger size and wait...it could be a while before she actually gets pregnant and having the bigger size will allow for alterations however it turns out.

SN2BMRSBURTE Posted:

Re: need advise


Posted by kismet8601

Thats a tough one, I would definitely order them whent he store says to-the last thing that you need is to order them borderline with enough time and not have them come in on time! You dont need the stress of that a few weeks before.

Im sorry-I know that was no help whatso ever




You're too funny !
dplehat Posted:

Re: need advise

My sil was in her sister wedding when she was 9 months preggo. They just ordered a dress 2 sizes bigger. As you can see she was big but in her defence she gave birth 4 days later. The photographer even worked the pics so she didnt look so big. Long story short get a bigger dress because its a lot easier to take away material then it is to add. good luck

Shmar Posted:

Re: need advise

My cousin was 8 months pregnant for my other cousins wedding. She had already ordered the dress when they found out she was prego, so they had a seamstress adjust the dress. They used a very similar material and she tailored the dress for maturnity. I would sugesst calling around and seeing if anyone can do this.

qdavis Posted:

Re: need advise


Posted by SN2BMRSBURTE

Well, honestly.. I think you should listen to what the bridal shop said, and wait until they say you should have her order.
I would still have her in the BP if you are good friends and it sounds like she really wants to be in the BP, which you said it does.
I think I am going to have 3 of my BM prego..all diff stages for mine ...I understand for pictures and stuff how it could be a PITA ...but personally, I think prego women in BM dresses are adorable!. My MOH told me she prob will be, and I told her go for it!
I know you are thinking about your special wedding day and want every part of it to be perfect (like we all do )..because it is one of the most important days of your life!!! BUT.....
You have to remember that having a baby is too, and I think it would be nice for your friend to wait til she is ready , and not have to worry about not being part of the wedding party because of it

I can't wait to see my pics of all my prgo BM's!!
I'll prob be the tiniest one in the picture



i agree....very good advice
aimes1313 Posted:

Re: need advise

I'm in the same situation and I have no idea what to do. My best friend is going to start trying around the holidays and since the wedding is in sept she'll be due right around then. We're going to have to put off dress shopping until at least Feb so she knows. I love her very much but its frustrating, especially to my sister (MOH) who is so excited to go shopping.

Gin-Char 104 Posted:

Re: need advise

Thanks Ladies for all your help and thanks for the pict....i am also going to look into the adding materal for pregnant women....thanks again LIW Brides ROCK!!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.