Post New Topic

need ur help w/a decision....

phyl Posted:

need ur help w/a decision....

hey gals..need the BTDT mommies to help out...

my godsons 4th bday is tommorrow. Party at his home
his older brother had chicken pox 2 weeks ago. Matt is over it and Chris (godson) doesnt have it.

Julianne has been immunized against it..but the drs office says yes, shes immunized but there is a SLIGHT chance she can get it
although they feel that 2 weeks have past so the chances are REALLY small

we are all supposed to go into bklyn tonight to meet up w friends who flew in from colorado..and have dinner with them and my godsons family

I was confident b4 that it would be ok to go..but now im not so sure....

AND I KNOW my gfriend is not going to be so understanding about not going to the party (this is the CLOSE friend who did not show up at Juliannes welcoming ceremony last year because I could not make it to her sons bday party the day before!

im torn..
HELP!

IrishTracy Posted:

Re: need ur help w/a decision....

That's a toughie!! If the doctors office said no don't go I wouldn't. If you are really worried the don't go. If she's not understanding then she's not much of a friend! Your childs health is MUCH more important then a party.

My son missed his friends 1st & 2nd b-day parties do to one of us being sick. And me not wanting to make others sick.
Claud2001 Posted:

Re: need ur help w/a decision....

That's a tough one....

We had a couple of similar situations recently. Friends of ours have 2 kids and a new baby. The day of the new baby's christening was during a week when they 2 older kids were sick with the croop and the flu - you name it, they had it!
And these friends were hosting the party at their home!

Well, we decided to attend the church ceremony ONLY and not go back to the house. I just could not take a chance w/Paul's health.

Second function we missed was b/c we were sick...Paul and I both had bad head colds and we had to miss my cousin's baby's christening. We didn't want to miss it, but you cannot help these things. I felt it was more important to be mindful not to spread the germs, so we stayed home.
kptoys Posted:

Re: need ur help w/a decision....

I would have taken Emma because I want her to get the Chicken Pox not the shot. I dont want the shot to wear off when she is older and make them worse... its only been around for such a short period of time you dont know how effective it will be in 20 years.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.