Post New Topic

Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

Aiyana Posted:

Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

Hey everyone,

I don't post here often, but I do frequent the site often. I need your help with this dilemma, as I want different opinions. See the issue below:

I had a hair/MU trial with a VERY TALENTED freelance artist (but not a great business woman). To set up a trial, I initially emailed her, but I didn't get a response back from her in two days. I then facebooked message her and she replied immediately. Since that time, our communication has been through facebook.

After my last trial with her, I asked her about her contract. She said that she does not have a contract. I told her that I would need something written up and that I will email her with the details so that everything is in writing. She was totally fine with it.

Two days later, I sent her a detailed email (and touched base with her on facebook) letting her know that I wanted to book her and to let me know how much would the deposit be as well as the total price (including travel fee). She didn't respond to me and so two days after that, I resent her that message. Eight days after that last message (10 days in total), I get something from her saying, ' I am sorry for the delay...I am all over the place. A phone call is always best for me. I did receive your email and I am glad that you decided to go with me!!'

I am torn because I don't think that I can trust her, but I also know that she is reallllly good at what she does and for a great price! I don't know if I am being too demanding in wanting her to have responded at least 1 week within my initial contact with her. I don't want to be bridezillaish or unreasonable.

So what would you do? Give her a chance or keep it moving and find another hair/mu artist (which by the way, will cost more money and time for trials). PLEASE be honest and if you were in this position, what would you do!!??!
AugustFeather Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

hmm.. I have one vendor with no contract, but I completely trust her and have built somewhat of a friendship with her.

If it was someone who you have a hard time getting in touch with and seems kind of flakey, then you should really tell her once again that you would like a contract sent and you will sign, copy and mail it back. Maybe search out some other girls using her and see if they had a similar issue etc.. and if they ever gave a deposit/contract.
Kiki22 Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

I don't have a contract wth my MU girl she has me down in her book with all information but no formal contract

angelscri Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

I would not trust her at all. I would be too nervous that she would not show up the day of. In my opinion, there are so many talented MU artists out there, I would go with someone who I can depend on.

evita2781 Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

ooh that's a tough one. if you want to book with her, make sure that you have it in contract. if you really like her work and have faith that she will be there the day off, then book with her. just make sure that you're in constant contact with her closer to your wedding date.

Aiyana Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

Ya'll have great points. I am not as concerned that she does not have a contract. I think I am more worried about her reliability (because of her MIA status for 1.5 week).

I think I would have been less bothered if she would have told me shortly after reading my email, 'hey..i got your email...it's been very busy on my end, but I will get back to you soon'. But like I said, she is not a good businesswoman, so maybe that's the reason why she was so non-nonchalant.
KarynK Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

I don't have a contract with my MU girl, but she is a recommended vendor from my RH. I trust her too.
But, if you have a problem with getting in touch with her, I would seek someone else. I can understand a couple of days, but 10 days of not responding to you, is just not a good way of keeping a customer happy.
merbride Posted:

Re: Need your opinion with this stressful situation (kinda long--but with poll!)

a lot of MU artists are not behind computers all day like other vendors...they are out in the field so I think they dont have as quick response time. I would not stress over it if she shows up for your trial and you love her work. Im sure she wants your business and will be there for you.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.