We were scheduled to go to cancun on 12/10 for the honeymoon. Our TA said to sit tight, that resorts in Cancun rebuild quickly. However, I'm not sure if she knows what she's talking about, b/c the damage looks really, really extensive, and the resort next to ours is not opening until 12/31.
Has anyone changed locations for honeymoon/a trip? We haven't paid for the resort yet, but have paid for the airfare. I'm guessing there will definatly be a change fee. At this point, I'd rather pay the fee and change locations now. I'm worried that if we wait, other islands, etc. will book up and/or go up a lot in price.
TIA...
susieandsteven111905
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
We are in the same boat as you. Were waiting to see what our TA tells us to do. We got trip insurance so I am sure we can change but I really was looking forward to going to the two resorts we choose.......
We leave 12/11
What resort were you going to?
ShortBride
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
We were scheduled for Golden Crown Paradise Spa. We got the insurance also, but I dont' know if it covers if the resort is technically open, but there's no beach, etc. I think we'll wait till the end of the week at least and see how things are. I also e-mailed the resort, but haven't heard back yet.
SPITSBRIDE
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
Looks like were having the same problem...our resort will make any changes for their guests with reservations until December 20th because it looks like most of the hotels there are in shambles...now we don't know where to go
Kris77
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
I strongly suggest either the Dominican Republic, or Aruba.
DMcK
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
Posted by Kris77
I strongly suggest either the Dominican Republic, or Aruba.
I second Aruba! Good luck!
betty2005
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
this website has some information on some resorts in Mexico.
If our hotel is under construction, we are going to Aruba.
http://www.differentworld.com
JLP
Posted:
Member since
Re: Not sure what to do about Honeymoon
At this late a date, you might be able to get a great deal on a Caribbean cruise. You can usually do pretty well by booking late.