Post New Topic

Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Pookiesangel Posted:

Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Well, looks like I will go over my room min, which is not a bad thing. But my parents asked me to wait two weeks to approach the Swan Club to ask about the larger room, my question is should I wait to call them? I don't think they would hold that room two weeks, until we decide for sure. My parents don't want to commit to the larger room, until all the stuff is done with the re-fianceing they are doing is done (they close on May14th).. but I am afraid she will tell me it's been booked.. heck it may already be booked for all I know..
suven Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

There's nothing wrong with just asking right now. But, don't change anything officially until you get the okay from your parents.

september2004 Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice


Posted by suven

There's nothing wrong with just asking right now. But, don't change anything officially until you get the okay from your parents.


agree...
wc0143 Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Confused - don't you want to be over your minimum? Why would you need a bigger room unless you were over the max?

divabride Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

I would just call them and give them the heads up that you might have to switch to the larger room,and see what they say. This isnt the first time they've come across this problem, so they are the best at telling you how to go about the situation.

Bebalina Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice


Posted by divabride

I would just call them and give them the heads up that you might have to switch to the larger room,and see what they say. This isnt the first time they've come across this problem, so they are the best at telling you how to go about the situation.



i agree with diva
FLaCaTaCa Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Call and ask. I did and I didn't officially book for more people yet but they will call me if they need to know right away...if someone asks for it.

lilmrs Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Does it look like you will be over by much? I am assuming you are figuring this out on your guest list. Please just remember to factor in about a 20% decline. I would hate for you to go to the big room and pay for it and in the end could save yourself a few bucks.

Pookiesangel Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Well the room max is 70 people and looks like we will have 95-100 now.. so we need the bigger room.. I left a message for my BM, she hasn't called me back yet..

I figured doesn't hurt to ask right?
nferrandi Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

It defintely doesn't hurt to ask. Just let her know that there's a possibility you may go over your room capacity and ask if the other room is still available. Tell her that you haven't made a final decision yet, and ask her to call you if someone comes in to book the bigger room.

kathy2176 Posted:

Re: Okay, so I have some news...kinda need advice

Just be absolutely sure before you do it. I thought I would not have a problem meeting my requirements and ended up with a 40% decline rate and I am not making my minimum. I don't want to scare you but, it can happen. I would over-add your decline rate to be absolutely sure. I had some close family members who I thought would def. be there send no responses. Just a thought...

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.