Post New Topic

OMG - more drama!

julz33 Posted:

OMG - more drama!

So we sighned the contract on Monday, and were are waiting for the sellers to sign still. We were told by the sellers, their real estate agent, their attorney, everyone said they want to move this along fast. So today I was wondering why is it taking them a week to sign the contract! No one could give us any answers. The last time we were at the house the seller's wife gave my FH her cell phone number, so today we decided to call her and ask what the hold up was because we are trying to get everything settled before we go away for the honeymoon. The tentative closing date was Oct. 12.
You wouldn't believe what she said. She wants to close ON SEPT. 23!!! Hello that is less than 3 weeks away... and the day before our wedding! We told her we can't lock in to our mortgage, do the title search, etc. until they sign the freakin contract. She said they are signing it on Tuesday. So basically she wants to close 2 weeks after they sign the contract. My FH said we will speak to the attorney but that probably won't happen... and she said It better happen or we are going to FORCLOSE on the house if we don't sell before Oct. 1. There is even more but I won't get into it.

Our attorney assures us that everything will be fine.. but this is the most drama I have ever heard with buying a house BEFORE the contract is even signed. I am ready to find a new house!!!!!
Jola Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

that is alot of drama.

foreclosure has 3 steps to it though. Unless the owner is already in the first step of it, the next step the bank takes the house away from her and sells it at an auction.
swags1016 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

OMG Julz, this certainly is not the stress that you need right now. I would make sure your attorney stays ontop of the foreclosure situation. Close when you feel ready.

julz33 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!


Posted by Jola

that is alot of drama.

foreclosure has 3 steps to it though. Unless the owner is already in the first step of it, the next step the bank takes the house away from her and sells it at an auction.



I don't know what step they are in. This is the first I heard of it!

What I find really funny is if they are in such a rush to close, then why are they dragging this whole prcess out? If you remember from my other posts it took over 2 weeks from when we made our offer and 3 tries before we signed the contract (because of the games they were playing) and they STILL didn't sign the contract!
And they apparenty didn't speak to their lawyer about any of this because in the contract we signed, the contract that their lawyer drew up, it said closing date Oct. 12.
swags1016 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

Julz until everything comes through- title, mortage commitment and other stuff they can say what date they want to close all they want, these things take time, especially the title search or what ever that thing is they did and you know what it won't happen in 2 weeks. Once the contracts are signed they can kick and scream all they want!

If your lawyer told you not to worry, then please try not to, too much!!!

DjPiLL Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

I wouldn't even worry about it. Take my advice.

Just yes the seller to death to get them to SIGN THE CONTRACT. If they want to close on Sept. 23rd... say SURE we can do that.

Its obvious the bank won't have the paperwork ready by then and the date will just get pushed back. If the seller things you can close by the 23rd... well I want the crack that the seller must be smoking. Besides... if they are really in foreclosure trouble... they HAVE to sell it to you since finding a new buyer (even if its for more money) will delay the process even more.

No biggie and I wouldn't even sweat it.
denakimou Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

OMG- you really have your hands full with this situation. Try and stay calm and make sure that you stay on tp of the attornies.
julz33 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!


Posted by DjPiLL

I wouldn't even worry about it. Take my advice.

Just yes the seller to death to get them to SIGN THE CONTRACT. If they want to close on Sept. 23rd... say SURE we can do that.

Its obvious the bank won't have the paperwork ready by then and the date will just get pushed back. If the seller things you can close by the 23rd... well I want the crack that the seller must be smoking. Besides... if they are really in foreclosure trouble... they HAVE to sell it to you since finding a new buyer (even if its for more money) will delay the process even more.

No biggie and I wouldn't even sweat it.



That is what my attorney said.

The thing is if they didn't delay things for 3 weeks it *might* have been possible to close in September. That would have been fine with us. But they were playing games and dragging things out and now they want to give us two weeks to close? They are smoking crack
kathleenmarie Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

The house we bought was in foreclosing and they didn't disclose that to us which is illegal. There was a whole lot of hoopla, but it all worked out.......good luck!
beachgirl13 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

Oh man, I hope everything works out!

wc0143 Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

They sound CRAZY!

Try not to worry about it ...

Fingers will be kept crossed!!!
Bebalina Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

Julz...I would give you advice...but this is my FHs dpmt, I dont know much about this stuff...
just wanted to say hang in there....
The life you planned with Ray is just around the corner with a happily ever after!!

No worries!!
QueensBride Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

My SIL is having almost the same problems as you. Don't worry though, it will all work out
anjerandunder Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

i'm sure it will all work out..sorry you are going through such drama...

Kris Posted:

Re: OMG - more drama!

You can go to the county clerk's office and try to find anything about the foreclosure. The proceedings are public record. Your attorney should be able to help you do this- or have him run a quick title search just in the county clerks office- should only take a couple of days. You DEFINITELY want to make sure they are not at the AUCTION stage. Their bank may only be warning them that they are about to start a foreclosure proceeding, but you want to be sure of that.
If there is a SALE scheduled for Oct. 1- but you can't close before then, you can go to the auction and bid at the sale. You might even get the house for CHEAPER! But you do run the risk of losing the house to another bidder or the bank itself. IF the house goes to auction and you don't bid, you can kiss your contract goodbye. Good luck.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.