Right now I am currently booked for the Friday evening before Memorial Day weekend. I have a lot done (photographer, dress, DJ) and thought we may like to get married sooner. We can get married on December 13, which is a Saturday night for the same price. Would you switch from a spring to a winter wedding? I obviously prefer a Saturday night to a Friday night as well. Thoughts?
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
For me...I wouldnt switch. But that is only bc I wanted a spring wedding so I was more then willing to wait to have it. If you really want to bump it up consider your theme, colors, flowers and ideas and see if you really want to change it. As much as it seems like Dec to May is long it really isnt-those months FLY by compared to the rest of the time spent planning. If you prefer the saturday then do it-really this is a personal choice. You just have to keep in mind for those that will be travelling that they may go away for Christmas/New Years and may not be able to get the time off for your wedding.
I dont know if this helps or not
mls282
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
Well its up to what you want. Is there a reason you want to move the wedding up?? I was just thinking about if I moved it up it would be over quicker... LOL! At least this way I can plan and stuff and have the excitement (and stress) of looking forward to it. Buts up to you. Do you want a spring wedding?? Did you have things planned for outdoors? Or would you prefer a winter wedding? Will you lose money from any vendors etc if you switch??
I would think about the pros and cons and make a list. Would this change affect certain people coming to your wedding??
Good luck!! Thats a toughie!
Valerie-Joe
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
I say if you want to switch, then switch it. We are planning our entire wedding in 3 months. It CAN be done. In some ways, I think it's even easier because you don't have time to second guess yourself.
Whatever you do... GOOD LUCK!
mls282
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
ANother thing to becareful of is snowstorms if you have people traveling. That was the #1 reason we decided not to change it to a winter wedding. If a large number of people might not make it depending on the weather that was too risky and even we would have to travel down from Boston.
Just take it all into consideration before making a switch.
GL!
Autumnbride03
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
it's also around the holidays, which may be tight money wise for guests. it is just a few more months. unless you REALLY can't wait, I'd just leave as is- that will be around the time of the shortest days of the year as well= dark and cold lol.
jsha20
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
True, true. I guess I let a Saturday night entice me.
mls282
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
Friday is just as fun as a Saturday night
ELluvsMB
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
I thought winter weddings cost less?? You might be losing money because May is peak wedding season and you already paid the so called premium for that. I'm not positive on this just what I've been reading.
WinterBride10
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
Don't rush, enjoy this time! Before you know it it will all be over
And do you really want to get married on the 13th? I'm a little superstitious, I wouldn't want the 13th, but that's my opinion.
My Birthday is Dec. 11th and it's such a pain in the *ss! No one is ever around because they are all so busy that time of year.
JMO...it's your wedding, do what makes happy.
Future Mulligan
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
we are getting married dec 5th - the first weekend in december - we didnt want to be any closer to the holidays - we felt we were cutting it close enough....i personally love the idea of a winter wedding and december isnt THAT cold compared to Jan - Feb, plus i did want something that had the feel of the holidays - i just felt like december is a more exciting time of year in general (for me at least) and i was better able to picture our wedding during that time - plus its a little less common which i liked too - more original (at least in our family/friend circle) - so for us it just made sense because its what we wanted - holiday decor, fireplaces going, lots of food, it was very appealing to us - its up to you - its hard b/c you already booked some major vendors - i dont really have any advice for you - if your reason is only because you want to get married sooner i would just wait - its not that much further away - the 5 month difference will probably go really quick and it will save you the aggravation - but if its b/c you want a winter type wedding more than a spring one then i would consider changing the date....what do you want more? you had to LOVE spring time if that is why you picked it originally right?
jsha20
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
I thought winter weddings cost less?? You might be losing money because May is peak wedding season and you already paid the so called premium for that. I'm not positive on this just what I've been reading.
Well, this is for a Saturday night versus a Friday night before Memorial Day weekend. I think I will stick with May--it's a nicer time of year for a wedding that has outside space and etc.
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
Yea its really your call. If you love spring, then do it. Whats the rush? Plus, think you might have to change your color scheme, not sure if thats a big deal for you but I would hate to change all my colors.
VenusS
Posted:
Member since
Re: Possible Date Change--Need Opinions
I think you should stick with original plans. I went to a wedding at Battery Gardens before and believe me..it is so nice if your guests can go out doors during cocktail versus in the Winter where they wouldn't.