Post New Topic

Should I cancel my DOC?

Just Cindy Posted:

Should I cancel my DOC?

I just got a free DOC but I currently have and put a deposit for my DOC and officiant. I paid $200 already for that.

I plan on meeting the new DOC and see what she is like to see if its even worth going that route. Its just that my current DOC lives upstate and we dont meet that much or even email, even though she is meeting me this weekend because she has other things to do down here.

The balance on my contract is $550 so I could get an officiant for like $100 which would save me $450 which I could use for other things.

What would you do?
egem523 Posted:

Re: Should I cancel my DOC?


Posted by Just Cindy

I just got a free DOC but I currently have and put a deposit for my DOC and officiant. I paid $200 already for that.

I plan on meeting the new DOC and see what she is like to see if its even worth going that route. Its just that my current DOC lives upstate and we dont meet that much or even email, even though she is meeting me this weekend because she has other things to do down here.

The balance on my contract is $550 so I could get an officiant for like $100 which would save me $450 which I could use for other things.

What would you do?



wait to meet with this new person. Just because it's free can you trust that she will be reliable and does she have some experience with other weddings.
Just Cindy Posted:

Re: Should I cancel my DOC?

I plan on meeting her at the end of the month to see. She is just starting up so I am going to see what to do.

kellylee418 Posted:

Re: Should I cancel my DOC?

I would go and meet with her and if you really like her, go with her and save the money. Maybe you could even pass on either to a friend who is getting married? Def. check her out though! Good luck!

Sweeteey51 Posted:

Re: Should I cancel my DOC?

wait to meet with this new person. Just because it's free can you trust that she will be reliable and does she have some experience with other weddings.


ITA
Ann 52409 Posted:

Re: Should I cancel my DOC?

I agree with Liz, I would wait to meet her and if things go well I would cancel the original DOC

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.