Post New Topic

Since our closing is delayed...one question

Valentinegirl Posted:

Since our closing is delayed...one question

Do you think we can paint and carpet the new house if the sellers are moved out already? We took vacation to do that stuff the 2nd week in June and might not close til the end of June. Should I ask the Real Estate woman or is that a silly idea? Otherwise we will cancel our vacation week and not be able to take another week til after July. Have you ever heard of anyone doing this?
DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

Its doable... but not recommended. What if the closing falls through... that money is wasted.

Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

You're right I guess. I just didn't want to sound silly asking to do that.

kpny622 Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

could you change your vacation?

Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

I can but DH can't take vacation til the end of summer.
DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

There are also other issues... like gaining access to the house. You need a copy of the keys.

I did this once in my first purchase. I didn't have any issues... but I also had a very good relationship with my seller. It was a FSBO and was just a 1br co-op.
peabody Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

Plus, I think you made need home insurance. If the house isn't yours legally, you may not be able to get home insurance.

But I am not sure, ask your realitor.
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

Thanks for the responses but it seems too complicated. I'll just wait til we close. Thanks though.
swags1016 Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

I am so sorry that your closing date is delay, will you still make it to closing before you lose your rate?
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question


Posted by swags1016

I am so sorry that your closing date is delay, will you still make it to closing before you lose your rate?



I'm not sure Jamie. We are hoping. If its after our rate is up we can pay a fee to extend the rate 2 more weeks buts its $600.
swags1016 Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

$600 that is ridiculous. This is the homeowners fault. I wish that you could make them pay the $600. I am so sorry Karissa
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

I know. It sucks. I have hope it will before I have to pay.
franksbride Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

Oh no!!! What the heck happened???

When is the closing date now?
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question


Posted by franksbride

Oh no!!! What the heck happened???

When is the closing date now?



They didnt have C/O's for the extensions on our house so we can't close til we get them. How have you been?????????????
DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question


Posted by swags1016

$600 that is ridiculous. This is the homeowners fault. I wish that you could make them pay the $600. I am so sorry Karissa




It is possible that you can make them pay that if they are holding up the closing. Especially if its due to negligence. Talk to your lawyer.
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question


Posted by DjPiLL


Posted by swags1016

$600 that is ridiculous. This is the homeowners fault. I wish that you could make them pay the $600. I am so sorry Karissa




It is possible that you can make them pay that if they are holding up the closing. Especially if its due to negligence. Talk to your lawyer.



The closing can be 30 days after the date on the contract...it is June 1st. We can close anytime til June 30th. I will ask the lawyer about them paying though.
DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question

Oh well if you actually put the date of your contract the same day as your rate lock.. then it will be difficult to get them to pay for anything before 30 days after.

Doesn't hurt to ask though.
Valentinegirl Posted:

Re: Since our closing is delayed...one question


Posted by DjPiLL

Oh well if you actually put the date of your contract the same day as your rate lock.. then it will be difficult to get them to pay for anything before 30 days after.

Doesn't hurt to ask though.



My rate is good til the 18th, not the 1st but we still might not close by then. I didn't make the rate the same day as the contract date. That would be silly. Thanks though.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.