We booked our reception hall because it was the prettiest of all the places we visited. I am just uncetain I feel we will end up going way over budget since the hall was more than the other RH we looked at. However the food was great. We only booked last Wednesday. I'm not sure what to do. Has anyoner else had that happen?
JLWSJC
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
I am still having this problem in my head, but FH insists we can do it. I'm still nervous, but that's my nature, and he's very level headed so I trust him to make that decision, espcially after we weighed all of my reservations.
All I can say is you and FH need to have a serious talk about your concerns, which you might have done already and decide what's right for you and your financial situation. Good luck.
FutureMrsLMS
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
i think it depends.how many reception halls did you actually visit and look at?
SimHawk8
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
At least 15 places. I am not sure is that a lot?
VCanizalez
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
I would look more.... I would def change it if it is cheaper...
Budget is very imporatnt for me... so... if i coudl save money, Why Not?!
Notwedyet08
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
I understand! I love where you booked-but i did see other places that wer lower pp and we just couldn't go over our budget. My absolute favorite place was over budget by $10pp. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but when you add the extra tax & tip times the number of people we're looking at an extra $1,700 which can go to so many other things. Speak with your BM NOW while you have time to back out. Usually they say within a week or something like that OR you only loose what you put down. If your heart is set on this one place definetely let them know your concerns and see if there's any way they can offer you something that ifts better into your budget! Best of luck!
DoctorDani
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
Russo's on the Bay does have the potential to be very expensive. A friend of mine could only afford to get married on a Wednesday night there!
It is definitely beautiful! Are you set on Queens or are you looking on LI as well?
JLWSJC
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
Posted by DoctorDani
Russo's on the Bay does have the potential to be very expensive. A friend of mine could only afford to get married on a Wednesday night there!
It is definitely beautiful! Are you set on Queens or are you looking on LI as well?
She's talking about Douglaston Manor.
HSsweethearts
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
Before you make any decisions, find out if you CAN cancel at this point.
My hall is WAY over budget so we have to make cuts elsewhere.
If you really love the hall, maybe you can switch to a less desirable season or date.
LoveyDovey
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
it's tough...I'm going thru somet!hing similar now...
FH & I saw about 15 places...
first we fell in love with Bourne Mansion...
then we saw The Royalton Mansion and fell in love with that one too
both of them are over budget about 40 dollars pp over budget!
we are in the midst of trying to decide...
we refused to get married at any of the places that were in budget
I think that if you truly love it, truly truly can't imagine your day anywhere else...then you should book it...
youll just have to cut corners somewhere...
we are considering having our wedding in 2011 instead of 2010 to be sure we have enough time to pay for it
maybe if its not too late, you can do the same... a few extra months of saving might help out alot...or changing the day of hte week or month!? not sure what your situation is
sorry its so long!!! HTH
Joeswifey2B
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
i would think since u just booked u would be able to back out.. did u go for a tasting yet.. my place said if we were unhappy witht he food we can back out and get all of our deposit back..
i bet you if they knew u were looking to back out they will try to work with you more! Remember they need you .. you dont need them!
AwaitingAugust
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
can you try to book for a less popular time (like sunday afternoon in november instead of a saturday night in august?)
or negotiate anything else with them?
if it's going to put you over budget, i would definitely try to get out of there. it's not worth it.
Summertimegal424
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
maybe change it to a day wedding or a different season or even a different day. when you know its the right place you will do anything you have to , to make it that special for your day!
SimHawk8
Posted:
Member since
Re: Uncertain of RH
My date is important to me. It would have been my parents' 35th wedding anniversary on 8/19/11. My father died 10 years ago of lung cancer and it is special to me to keep the date. They made me believe in marriage. So I want to keep my date. I just ran the numbers earlier with my mother and it seems more swingable. If worse come to worse we won't have video, I'm not huge on that anyhow.