A few girls have FMd me to see what is happening and how I am doing so I wanted to give everyone a quick update.
My weekly NST was perfect. At one point the nurse thought the baby was turned since his/her heart beat was in a 'lower' position than normal, but a sonogram proved that to be incorrect. So..........
I will say also that there is NO plan for this week- thank Godness. They are giving me a few more days for the baby to turn. The doctors and nurses all agree that they have had cases that the baby turned the day before a scheduled c-section or even the morning of so there is still a chance, but most likely it will not happen so I need to be more prepared emotionally than I am.
I met with the head of Neonatal and she was super nice and VERY understanding. She said that she had a c-section a few years ago and understands my concerns about the baby being taken so quickly. She said normally they would take the baby after a few 'bonding' minutes but with mother's who are more vocal about the issue or who have strong feelings about wanting the baby in there with them she will be flexiable. Of course, I am one of those moms! I know they need to do a sugar level so we agreed on 30 minutes with me, baby goes to neonatal for the testing and then I can ask for the baby back in recovery if I feel up to it. And the baby can still room-in with me, again if I am up to it. She said they will take their cues from me but that I need to make sure I do not try to take on too much too soon and that if I need rest I ask the nurses to take the baby. Also, she said NO formula, only glucose water will be given to the baby, if needed to stablize the sugar levels. So that is also good.
My meeting with her was very positive and very reassuring.
Next I had to wait, wait and wait some more to meet with the head of OB. Now I have made it VERY clear since day 1 that I do NOT see Male OBs. Not a difficult concept really. But for some reason he mets with me, and says 'So your midwife tells me you have a breech baby and we need to schedule the delivery of your baby. I don't want to do anything this week because I like to wait until week 39-40. It is just safer that way for the baby. So what day is good for you next week'
![]()
He didn't ask me 'Do you have any questions or concerns' NOTHING...just 'let me put you in the book' so I said, 'Well, I have an issue that needs to be discussed. I only want a female OB' You should have seen his face. He said, 'Most people want the best surgeon' I said, 'Yes, I want the best female surgeon' I think his ego was hit a bit hard, but too darn bad IMO. So he paged his collegue, who is a women to come and talk to me. What a different type of conversation. She sat down with Scott and I and first thing she said is 'I am sure you have lots of questions' And she was very nice, very helpful and had no problem with my requests such as no staples. But she said 'make sure you tell the pre-op nurse again about all of this so everyone knows that day'
Then I had another BPP (bio physical profile) which is when they check your fluid levels and the basic stuff about the baby. Everything was top scores so NO problem there. I even ask the tech to see if the cord was near the baby's neck- thinking maybe that is why he/she is not turning. It isn't. So this is still a total mystery.
It was a VERY long day yesterday and I felt like a 4 year old who wants to just leave the mall and go home!
So, I have a date that the baby has to turn before but I don't want to tell everyone because a) I am still trying to keep hope and b) I want Claud to be able to post a 'she had the baby' post without everyone knowing the date. c) and I could begin labor on my own before the scheduled date and then that is day.