Vent - Parents - OOTers & Honeymoon (kinda long)
There are 9 family members (8 on myside) coming from Poland for our wedding - they are arriving 4/17 and 7 of them are staying until 5/5 (a monday) so my mom asked me if we could hold off with the honeymoon until 5/9 - i was like ehhh that su*cks but whatever - shes' like we need to show them nyc, niagra falls, blabla - and 7 people is alot to deal with since they're all going to be living at my parents---- so I told FH lets just go on the 9th of may and forget it ---- so today FH and I went to my parents to pick out the menu & the conversation started---- my dad was saying how we should be going on our honeymoon on sun or monday after the wedding not waiting 3 weeks - that the guests from poland arent our responsibility and how we're not going to want to drive up to niagra falls and all this crap so then my mom and dad started arguing (mind you they like never ever argue) & my mom was saying how this is my moms family coming from poland &theyre spending so much $ on the tickets adn they want to see a little bit of ny & blablabla....
so then Im like to FH --- lets just go i dont want to hear this--- and hes like oh i thought you were the one that wanted to leave for our HM on the 9th of may and im like noooo if it was up to me then we'd leave on sunday - so now i know there is drama bc i called my mom about 20 min ago and im like are you alright? and shes like im not involving myself anymore, im not going to comment or make suggestions you guys do whatever you want!!!
ETA: I do want to stay and spend some time with my family for Poland but at the same time I dont want to wait 3 weeks - I know we'll wait the 2-3 weeks just so theres no drama but its annoying you know? Plus my mom always said how her mom (my grandma) planned her entire wedding and she doesnt want to do that to me.
i just needed to vent
so then Im like to FH --- lets just go i dont want to hear this--- and hes like oh i thought you were the one that wanted to leave for our HM on the 9th of may and im like noooo if it was up to me then we'd leave on sunday - so now i know there is drama bc i called my mom about 20 min ago and im like are you alright? and shes like im not involving myself anymore, im not going to comment or make suggestions you guys do whatever you want!!!
ETA: I do want to stay and spend some time with my family for Poland but at the same time I dont want to wait 3 weeks - I know we'll wait the 2-3 weeks just so theres no drama but its annoying you know? Plus my mom always said how her mom (my grandma) planned her entire wedding and she doesnt want to do that to me.
i just needed to vent