So right befiore this entry I was just about to post that I made a decision and we are choosing Chateau Briand, EXCEPT to find out that the date is gone. I AM SOOOO UPSET, I could still have it there but would have to wait another month. I feel like ****, I kept going back and forth and finally I decide and this happened. Should I be angry that we went there 2x and they didnt even call to inquire and let us know. i know I am just upset thats all.......................................................
julesrbf
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Unfortunately, they have no obligation to tell you anything. You didn't reserve the date because you didn't put down a deposit ... so it's fair game.
Why not postpone it by a month? If you love CB so much, does it matter?
kris_gets_hitched
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
As Jules said, without a signed contract and a deposit, they're not obligated to hold the date for you or call. It stinks, but it's nothing personal against you and your FH. It's business.
If you love the hall then why not book a different date?
marinai7
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Oh, I'm soooo sorry. We went to CB 3 times and just asked them to hold the date for us and our BM was nice enough to hold it for us. I'm sorry, wish I knew and I would've told you that. They are not under any obligation to tell you though. So maybe you can do it the following month, what date were you looking for originally?
MrsSoto
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
I would do a month later (especially if its the same price). But if that other date had a special meaning then I could understand why you wouldnt want to change that
jenturch
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Posted by MrsSoto
I would do a month later (especially if its the same price). But if that other date had a special meaning then I could understand why you wouldnt want to change that
ITA
Lsorrent
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Honestly, if you love it, I'd just wait the extra month (as long as your church, if you're using one, has that other date available). The extra month will be good for planning, and besides, it'll go so quick that you won't even notice.
ellie424
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I think that if that the reception hall that you love, you should book it for the following month.
FuTuRe MrS MaZz
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Its all fate--- you and your FH were destined to be married at a different hall/date...
And no, they have no obligation to you to see if you still want the date... if they did, they would be swamped with phone calls!
mariedsgn
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
If you love the place do it a month later - you'll have some extra time to plan everything
laulac98
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Posted by jenturch
Posted by MrsSoto
I would do a month later (especially if its the same price). But if that other date had a special meaning then I could understand why you wouldnt want to change that
ITA
I agree. We originally wanted to get married in September and when we fell in love with WM September wasn't happening so we had to push it up a month to get married in August because we wanted to have it there no matter what. Everything happens for a reason!
krislee316
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Posted by FuTuRe MrS MaZz
Its all fate--- you and your FH were destined to be married at a different hall/date...
]
I was thinking the same thing!!!
Soon2bMrsH
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Posted by laulac98
Posted by jenturch
Posted by MrsSoto
I would do a month later (especially if its the same price). But if that other date had a special meaning then I could understand why you wouldnt want to change that
ITA
I agree. We originally wanted to get married in September and when we fell in love with WM September wasn't happening so we had to push it up a month to get married in August because we wanted to have it there no matter what. Everything happens for a reason!
Same here, we wanted late June and WM didnt have anything available, so we moved it to august and ended up with the PERFECT date!
pa56
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Pushing it back one month isn't that big of a deal, is it? It's only 4 weeks.
MrsCastanedain09
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Take the other date, go in person and see if they will throw things in for you! Maybe a chocolate fountain will make the bride to be feel better?
kimmaymb20
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
Personaly if that's where I really want to get narried then I would push the wedding back a month.
runnerbride1023
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
We pushed our back b/c the date that we wanted wasn't available. We love our place so much we had to get married there and no where else.
coldasice217
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
If that's your dream RH, push it back. We had to push ours back a month, not because the date was booked out from under us, but because of the drastic price/minimum decrease the following month. We just prioritized, what was more important, getting married 11/7 or getting married at Villa Lombardi's? We chose Villa.
lucydin2009
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
I'm sorry to hear that!! I am sure you are disappointed, but like PP's said, could you push it back a month or so??
FutureMrsG
Posted:
Member since
Re: VERY upset
I would take an alternate date. We ended up doing this and the RH threw in a few extras.