Post New Topic

What should we do?

Hamptonsbride06 Posted:

What should we do?

My brother is coming home from Iraq in 3 weeks. His wife is one of my bms. They plan on getting pregnant asap...Should we try to find her a maternity gown, or just order her one like 3 sizes larger than she wears now?

Tracy06 Posted:

Re: What should we do?

I would wait until she is definately pregnant.. when ordering your bm dresses, just find out how long it takes to order...

Hamptonsbride06 Posted:

Re: What should we do?


Posted by Tracy06

I would wait until she is definately pregnant.. when ordering your bm dresses, just find out how long it takes to order...



I was told it takes 6 months for the dresses to come in and then another 2-3 for alterations. So to get them in at the beginning of October, I would have to order no later than the first week in april..if he doesnt get home until the end of February, and thats when they start to try, I dont know if she is going to be pregnant by then...
October Bliss Posted:

Re: What should we do?

I would ask the bridal salon what to do. A dress can be made smaller, but there are limits as to how small. They should be able to figure out what to do.

autumn Posted:

Re: What should we do?


Posted by Tracy06

I would wait until she is definately pregnant.. when ordering your bm dresses, just find out how long it takes to order...



I agree, wait until you know for sure if she becomes pregnant. If you order a pregnant dress and she isn't pregnant at all, the alterations will be alot of money.
L&M2006 Posted:

Re: What should we do?

My sister is in a wedding in October and she is planning on getting preganant around May - so she ordered her BM dress 2-3 sizes bigger and they'll deal w/ it then.

BlueTulip Posted:

Re: What should we do?

I think you have some time. They say the dresses take 6 months but in all the weddings I was in and when we ordered for my own, the dresses came in in 2 months. I would let them try like bunnies for a while and shoot to order by end of May or the start of June. If she's prego's by then, you'll know to order much larger. If she's not, you can order 2 or so sizes bigger in case she becomes pregnant, but not too big to take in in case she doesn't.

waterspout4 Posted:

Re: What should we do?

Ask her what she wants you to do.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.