Post New Topic

What to do

MrsGarcia Posted:

What to do

So as some of you read FH and I were gonna cancel the wedding. With me being out of work its a beyond hardship.

I spoke with my BM and he told me I can't push it out even in my situation and in this ECONOMY! So if I stayed with that place and they wouldn't transfer a dime of that money to another date.

I read and re-read my contract and it says that if I'm canceling I can lose the money. But I'm not entirely canceling, I'm just in a horrible situation. I just don't know what to do.
geegee827 Posted:

Re: What to do

I don't have any advice. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through all this cr@p!
FutureMrsG Posted:

Re: What to do

You are in a tough position. Is there any way you can try to cut costs and keep the same wedding date?

MrsGarcia Posted:

Re: What to do


Posted by FutureMrsG

You are in a tough position. Is there any way you can try to cut costs and keep the same wedding date?



We were debating that and there is no way at all! It hurts because I have a decent amount of money on this place.

The part that bothers me even more, is I remember a bride stating she was gonna book my place and they told her if anyone of them lost their job that would refund her, her money with ofcorse a bit of a fine.

And my BM is being a douche about this all. I wouldn't wait until 4 months before our wedding to do this, if it wasn't happening now, you know.
DomesticDeeva Posted:

Re: What to do

What would happen if someone took that date/time? Would you get your money back then? My first RH had that clause..so if they were able to rebook, I would get my $$ back, minus like a $300 rebooking fee.

If not, is there an owner or general manager you could speak to instead of your BM??

I think it's really horrible they won't even let you apply it to another date. I had to cancel my first planned wedding because we got pregnant and couldn't afford it at the time. They let me use what I paid towards my sons christening party. (The only reason I didn't re- book them is because they weren't available on the date we wanted). But at least they were understanding..lots of people are having unfortunate times right now, they should be willing to work with you because you still want to use them at a later date.

I'm sorry your stuck in this horrible situation.
FutureMrsM Posted:

Re: What to do


Posted by MrsGarcia


Posted by FutureMrsG

You are in a tough position. Is there any way you can try to cut costs and keep the same wedding date?



We were debating that and there is no way at all! It hurts because I have a decent amount of money on this place.

The part that bothers me even more, is I remember a bride stating she was gonna book my place and they told her if anyone of them lost their job that would refund her, her money with ofcorse a bit of a fine.

And my BM is being a douche about this all. I wouldn't wait until 4 months before our wedding to do this, if it wasn't happening now, you know.



I would call and ask to speak with his boss (rh manager/owner) whoever is above him and see if there is anything more you can do... It's worth a try!
Julia0927 Posted:

Re: What to do

I am so sorry. Maybe not using flowers or limo can save some money? Try talking to the owner of the place, maybe you can still move it.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.