Post New Topic

What to do?

The Cassie Posted:

What to do?

What would you do?

I have to have surgery on my back. I have 2 herniated dics and need to have screws put in. Recovery time is supposedly 3-6 months.

My best friend is getting married in October and i'm a bridesmaid.

If i have the surgery now (sometime in June) that gives me 4 months to heal, but I won't be 100%. i'm a horrible healer.

If i wait until after her wedding, theres a chance i could have a flare up and not be able to walk the day of her wedding ( I get them every now and then, no way to tell if its coming or not just happens and lasts a few days of just being in bed with heat)

I obviously want to do the surgery before my wedding next August. If i do it now, i'll be 100% by then plus have some time to kick my own assss in the gym for a few months before.

Should I wait or do it now?
MrsTarricone2B Posted:

Re: What to do?

Maybe I'm selfish but I would do it now if I were you. This way you know you will be 100% and look your best for your wedding! And who knows..maybe 4 months will be enough time for you to heal for your friend's wedding.

Tink1118 Posted:

Re: What to do?

I totally agree. I would do it now, get it out of the way. and by October you should be as good as new :) Good luck!

Edited b/c I had bad grammar
wedding_girl Posted:

Re: What to do?

I would do it now
Burhart1111 Posted:

Re: What to do?

I voted No Clue...only because I'm not a doctor and don't know the first thing about your condition. However...did you explain the situation with your doctor? Maybe he/she could provide some insight?

rendel Posted:

Re: What to do?

I would do it now what are the odds that you will have a bad day on her wedding day.

MrsVtoBe Posted:

Re: What to do?


Posted by MrsTarricone2B

Maybe I'm selfish but I would do it now if I were you. This way you know you will be 100% and look your best for your wedding! And who knows..maybe 4 months will be enough time for you to heal for your friend's wedding.



ITA
FutureJOC Posted:

Re: What to do?

I would completely do it now. This is your health we are talking about. I woulnd't put something like this off until later cuz it could possibly get worse if not corrected immediately, you know?

evita2781 Posted:

Re: What to do?


Posted by MrsTarricone2B

Maybe I'm selfish but I would do it now if I were you. This way you know you will be 100% and look your best for your wedding! And who knows..maybe 4 months will be enough time for you to heal for your friend's wedding.



ITA plus this is your health - what if waiting longer makes it worse?
The Cassie Posted:

Re: What to do?

i just talked to my attorney and he said to do it now. he says after a month i'll be doing things again and by 3 months or 4 months i'll be 100% back to my old life style doing stupid crazy shiit and thats his exact words lol

allornil Posted:

Re: What to do?


Posted by The Cassie

i just talked to my attorney and he said to do it now. he says after a month i'll be doing things again and by 3 months or 4 months i'll be 100% back to my old life style doing stupid crazy shiit and thats his exact words lol



lol, I was gonna say the same thing minus the crazy shiit. hahaha.

seriously. I wouldn't put it off. Just go do the surgery. You need to fix your back. Herniated disks are no joke.
The Cassie Posted:

Re: What to do?

Thanks girls. I meet with the surgeon again tomorrow so i'm gonna tell him I just want to get it over with

TheFutureMrs2011 Posted:

Re: What to do?

I would do it now too.. By then you will probably feel well enough to at least get through her day... Which is much better than not being able to walk at all! Also like other girls said, you want to make sure you're completly healed for your own wedding!

Pacie Posted:

Re: What to do?


Posted by MrsTarricone2B

Maybe I'm selfish but I would do it now if I were you. This way you know you will be 100% and look your best for your wedding! And who knows..maybe 4 months will be enough time for you to heal for your friend's wedding.



i Agree
jaimeann34 Posted:

Re: What to do?

i would def do it now...my uncle waited too long and he could barely walk...and it took a lot longer to heal because he waited...

aquag12283 Posted:

Re: What to do?

I would definitely do it now. Your health is more important than your friends wedding. I hate to say that but if it flares up and you can't walk for her wedding its like the same thing. One of my co-workers just had that same surgery but it was emergency surgery because she had a flare up and could not walk so they scheduled the surgery for the next day after she checked into the hospital because she couldn't walk. I suggest you just do the surgery now who knows you may be recovered enough to be able to still be a BM. I would definitely put my health first though

BellaBride27 Posted:

Re: What to do?

i would do it now

kedra5 Posted:

Re: What to do?

Regardless of anything else, you have to put your health first...so definitely take care of you!!!!
Moonmist09 Posted:

Re: What to do?

i voted for doing it now.
you'll save yourself a lot of pain in the long run insterad of beingin pain for another 3 months until august.
you can still be a BM in your friends wedding and hope for the best and that everything will work out ok and you won' thave a flare up. you have to think positive and positive vibes will come back to you.

i would not wait until after august to have surgery because if it really does take you the 6 months to recover, that would mean you would be 100% by February of 2011 and i would be scared of doing it so close to my wedding.

Good Luck!
angelatp Posted:

Re: What to do?


Posted by FutureJOC

I would completely do it now. This is your health we are talking about. I woulnd't put something like this off until later cuz it could possibly get worse if not corrected immediately, you know?



ITA!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.