My FH's mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer. We don't know her chances of beating it yet. Do you think I should move my wedding up?
I would love to to assure she could be there but at the same time I truly don't have the money right now!
What would you do?
GabrielleandJohn
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
That is a very hard topic. You dont want to seem like you are moving it up because you don't think she will make it but you also don't want her to miss it. My dad passed away in April (unexpectedly) and I would have gotten married in jeans at the court if it meant he could have been there. I would move it up but tread lightly on bringing it up.
chrissyandvin
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
First off I am VERY sorry for the horrible news! That is something you are going to have to discuss with your FH! But if she was JUST diagnosed.. I would wait till you hear what the doctors say.. you never know... things may turn out to be okay.. My friends father was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago! He is still alive and doing well. Don't rush and do anything just yet! She is in my prayers!!
JandJ1224
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
I'm sure that your FMIL knows how serious her condition is. I would discuss it with her and your FH and see what you decide. It might be a good idea to have something low key so she can witness your marriage. Its something you and FH have to decide on though..
Tiggeruth
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
I would move it up, even if you have a small wedding with just family and then have a bigger bash in a year to then celebrate your 1 year anniversary or something like that.
StreetDoc6531
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Take a deep breath. Dont do anything rash so soon after a diagnosis like that. You dont want to do anything that later on down the road you may regret. Trust me...I know from experience
Just take a little while for it to sink in and to get the best possible outcome from a few different sources.
Good luck sweetie! I have you and your family in my prayers that all works out for you and FH.
FM if you ever want to chat.
D's Girl
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Posted by chrissyandvin
First off I am VERY sorry for the horrible news! That is something you are going to have to discuss with your FH! But if she was JUST diagnosed.. I would wait till you hear what the doctors say.. you never know... things may turn out to be okay.. My friends father was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago! He is still alive and doing well. Don't rush and do anything just yet! She is in my prayers!!
I agree with Chrissy. You really never know and maybe you should wait a little while. I can't imagine what is going through you or your FH's head right now
My Prayers are with you
charliesbride
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
i am sorry to hear about your FMIL
i agree with the other girls...since she was just diagnosed, wait until she speaks with the doctors and knows more about her situation. then i would consider moving the wedding up...
thoughts and prayers for you and your FH and his family
Soon2BeMrsD
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Posted by chrissyandvin
First off I am VERY sorry for the horrible news! That is something you are going to have to discuss with your FH! But if she was JUST diagnosed.. I would wait till you hear what the doctors say.. you never know... things may turn out to be okay.. My friends father was diagnosed with lung cancer 2 years ago! He is still alive and doing well. Don't rush and do anything just yet! She is in my prayers!!
i agree...and am very very sorry...but you should see what the doctors say within the next couple of weeks...and keep hope!medical technology has gotten so advanced!!
thelastresort
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Wait and see what happens. Maybe she'll have a good prognosis. If you move it up to a time when she's under going treatment, she may no be able to go. Sit tight and wait and see what the docs say. I'm really sorry this is happening to her. Good luck!
SeptBride70
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Posted by Tiggeruth
I would move it up, even if you have a small wedding with just family and then have a bigger bash in a year to then celebrate your 1 year anniversary or something like that.
totally agree-- great idea. in the long run, if god forbid something happens-- you are going to regret not having her there. you can do something small and classy but still really nice and fun!!
i hope she'll be ok
Meaghan729
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
both my father and grandfather died of lung cancer.
I would move up the wedding - but whatever you decide, she will be there on your wedding day, whenever it is.
N.Y.bride
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
Im sorry to hear that. If possible you could always say your FH and you just cant wait and go get married at the court house. Then later on you could get married in front of everyone else and have your reception as planned?
TheMrandMrsof2008
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
My prayers are with you. Do what is best and most important to FH and yourself.
bride2b24
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
im so sorry to hear about this....but def talk it over with your fh first......and then if things are serious i guess i would decide what you guys think is the right thing to do.....im sure he would want his mother there
Glamorousbride
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you do?
I agree with all of you tghat think this is too rash of a decision to make. People believe it or not are pressuring me. We are just not ready to get married right now. I would get married at burger king to have her there, but what about the days after that. We set the wedding a year away because we are both just getting on our feet. God bless both of our parents who support us still.
I'm so torn though b/c without her there my husband will be a mess.
I can't think about this right now though. I wish people didn't even bring it up to me(his sister and aunts)
I love my mil with all of my heart and this is a nightmare. Please keep them in your prayers