Post New Topic

What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?

TeAmoChris Posted:

What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?

I'm a meeting planner and part of my company gets airline discounts due to our frequent flying for programs. My FH is really set at going to Tahiti but as most know its quite $$$! With my airline card I can get 75%. Catch 22 is that I would have to wait 30 days before the trip to book....meaning I would have to wait to book 30 days before my wedding....possibility of flights/hotels being sold out....EEEK!

What would you do???

FH is willing to wait....
mjm2012 Posted:

Re: What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?

hmm. maybe get pricing to get an idea of what it will cost and how flexible they are with booking closer to the date?

I am looking at Tahiti as well but have been talking to Pacific for Less about my honeymoon. I spoke with Claudia for about 45 minutes recently and just bombarded her with questions. Maybe try to see if you can talk to her to get a sense of how busy it is when you're planning to take your honeymoon and if you can look at hotel only packages.

Good luck!
AwaitingAugust Posted:

Re: What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?

depends on you, really.

if you really want to go on a HM immediately after your wedding, do not take the risk.

if you don't mind possibly waiting a few extra weeks (in case the flight is booked) then go for it.

personally, i would definitely take that risk though
bride2be2012 Posted:

Re: What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?


Posted by AwaitingAugust

depends on you, really.

if you really want to go on a HM immediately after your wedding, do not take the risk.

if you don't mind possibly waiting a few extra weeks (in case the flight is booked) then go for it.

personally, i would definitely take that risk though



Same....it's your HM - do what you want!!!!
LIbride2012 Posted:

Re: What would you do? Honeymoon Gamble?

I would be willing to wait but I would also have to be sure that both FH and myself were 100% okay if we had to go to a second or even third choice Island for the honeymoon. It's possible Tahiti will be sold out, but unlikely in a non-peak time that all of Mexico and the Caribbean will be ruled out. As long as you are open to other places in case Tahiti doesn't work out, I'd say go for it.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.