Re: Updates on DaniRella's family
**** July 10th ****
Today is not our day.
We are not sure the REAL reason that they feel Kenneth cannot move today. First, they said he needs to be off the vent 48 hours - which as of now, he is. Then, yesterday they came up with 'he still has a low grade fever so we want the fever to be more stable before we can take him'.
We are not sure if those are the real reasons or if it is because one of his main docs and the one who requested him AT the rehab place is away on business at a convention until MONDAY - he is away all this week. He basically assured us on the phone that he will definitely be taken Monday and didn't mention anything about a low fever... So, we are just thinking the other peeps at Kessler want HIM back before Kenneth can come.
That is the sense we got, at least.
Regardless of the reason - it is a HUGE let down and really upsetting for us. Kenneth is more aware than I have EVER seen him and he is getting VERY upset when we go in the room -- so, the docs have suggested that it is better we stay out of the room -- but then he is laying in there all alone so that is really hard also.
It is apparent by his behavior and ALL of the docs agree on this -- that he has outgrown NUMC and is ready for Kessler. It is just a matter of getting all of the I's dotted and the T's crossed and taking care of all the red tape.
So, we were ASSURED by his doc who comes back Monday that Monday is our day -- Kenneth is all set up to go by helicopter and they will also have ground units tracking his flight. Then, he'll have an ambulance from Nassau waiting there with a doc on hand for when he lands. My sister and I are going ahead of him so that we'll be there when he lands and my parents are going to stay with him at NUMC to see him off and then follow -- is it like Mission Impossible or what?!
...They are also having a pipeband do a send off lol which is such a nice touch but a lot of people are expected to come in uniform and see him off which is really sweet. Kenneth would just about have a heart attack if he knew all this stuff was going on for him. This is my brother who WORRIED every second about people knowing he is a cop, didn't want to put his picture up on Match.com when I hounded him to go on and try to date, always wants to stay 'below the radar' to quote him... Well, not so much anymore
Our main concern for waiting until Monday: he gets another infection or his condition gets worse. I mean, it is hard to see him move around in there all alone but we can ssuck up not going in there if it is best for him -- it's not so much that -- it is his condition. So, our prayers this weekend go that his fever remains low, he has no problems breathing on his own which he hasn't, he tolerates his food which he has been and PLEASE GOD just let him be OK to go on Monday.
...If he doesn't finally go I fear my Mom is going to jump off the 18th floor at NUMC lol lol![]()
Today is not our day.
We are not sure the REAL reason that they feel Kenneth cannot move today. First, they said he needs to be off the vent 48 hours - which as of now, he is. Then, yesterday they came up with 'he still has a low grade fever so we want the fever to be more stable before we can take him'.
We are not sure if those are the real reasons or if it is because one of his main docs and the one who requested him AT the rehab place is away on business at a convention until MONDAY - he is away all this week. He basically assured us on the phone that he will definitely be taken Monday and didn't mention anything about a low fever... So, we are just thinking the other peeps at Kessler want HIM back before Kenneth can come.
That is the sense we got, at least.
Regardless of the reason - it is a HUGE let down and really upsetting for us. Kenneth is more aware than I have EVER seen him and he is getting VERY upset when we go in the room -- so, the docs have suggested that it is better we stay out of the room -- but then he is laying in there all alone so that is really hard also.
It is apparent by his behavior and ALL of the docs agree on this -- that he has outgrown NUMC and is ready for Kessler. It is just a matter of getting all of the I's dotted and the T's crossed and taking care of all the red tape.
So, we were ASSURED by his doc who comes back Monday that Monday is our day -- Kenneth is all set up to go by helicopter and they will also have ground units tracking his flight. Then, he'll have an ambulance from Nassau waiting there with a doc on hand for when he lands. My sister and I are going ahead of him so that we'll be there when he lands and my parents are going to stay with him at NUMC to see him off and then follow -- is it like Mission Impossible or what?!
...They are also having a pipeband do a send off lol which is such a nice touch but a lot of people are expected to come in uniform and see him off which is really sweet. Kenneth would just about have a heart attack if he knew all this stuff was going on for him. This is my brother who WORRIED every second about people knowing he is a cop, didn't want to put his picture up on Match.com when I hounded him to go on and try to date, always wants to stay 'below the radar' to quote him... Well, not so much anymore
Our main concern for waiting until Monday: he gets another infection or his condition gets worse. I mean, it is hard to see him move around in there all alone but we can ssuck up not going in there if it is best for him -- it's not so much that -- it is his condition. So, our prayers this weekend go that his fever remains low, he has no problems breathing on his own which he hasn't, he tolerates his food which he has been and PLEASE GOD just let him be OK to go on Monday.
...If he doesn't finally go I fear my Mom is going to jump off the 18th floor at NUMC lol lol
