Hey Girls! So, Im home sick. I was suppose to meet with a dj tonight (we will keep the dj name a secret for now). I saw them at a showcase AND loved them..and was pretty sure if the price was decent we were going to sign. however, you girls know from photo and RH, i am not a believer of signing on the spot..so i wasnt going to do that tonight anyways..but nevertheless, i really liked them. unfortunatley, im sick, i was planning on trying to get there tonight anyways, but i just feel too terrible, and spent the day in bed..so im not going. I emailed the dj to tell him. he emailed me back very nicely stating that he hopes i feel better and hes sorry im sick. he then ended it saying there are 3 other appointments with my date this week and therefore its first come first serve. yes, i understand im getting married memorial day weekend--but 3?!? this week?!??? my mom now says i shouldnt bother meeting with him since he may force me into booking right away, and we all know im not booking on the spot. he is the first i saw, so im going to need time to see others, i dont want to meet with him and get my hopes up if i really like him and the price and then they book up while im deciding (since he has 3 meetings this week).
WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK?!?
FutureWifey
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
They might just be telling you the truth... OR they might be fibbing a little. Besides, even if you have 3 appointments for the same date, it doesn't mean any 1 of them will even book. You shouldn't stress out. If they book, then you will find an alternative DJ with comparable services in a comparable price range. There are SO many to choose from. Don't feel pressured when you have over a year to plan.
mara1017
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
I would not rush unless you are absolutely positive. One thing that is unusual with what he said... Don't they have more than one DJ or is it one specific person there that you want to use.
It sounds like he may try to push you to sign. If you feel like you need to see more than one person then you should. I am a big believer in if it is meant to be it will be. With the DJ we met with Tommy Tunes first. I liked him a lot and I know that we would be very happy with him. We decided that we wanted to look at a few others also. We met with Variety and we knew that Variety was the one for us.
With photo we went to Patken first. We liked them so much that we booked on the spot. I had done my homework before hand and had a good idea of what some of the other companies charged so I did not have to go to them to find out.
5272012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
Thank you girls :) I am not sure if I want to go now cause what if I fall in love and they ARE taken by the time I decide?
The next time we could go is NEXT wednesday so its already a week away.
mara1017
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
I would go. Or maybe if you dont want to go there today see if maybe one of the other places that you want to look at has an appointment for tonight. This way if you go next Wednesday to this one and you fall in love you may feel more comfortable about booking since you already saw another DJ.
5272012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
im home sick :( im not going anywhere tonight...i feel terrrible! this is where this all started cause I cant go tonight.
mara1017
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
Oh ok... feel better!
sjr385
Posted:
Member since
.
5272012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
They are a known DJ--they have multiple people.
Thanks so much :)
mara1017
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
Then I would not worry at all. Even if one or two of the people book with them that does not mean you will not be able to also if you decide you like them.
courtneydemarco12
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
I would go
Alannah22
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
I would go when your feeling better. Even if he has 3 appointments the other couples may not book them anyway. See what happens. Don't rush into anything.
Watermelon5
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
Posted by Alannah22
I would go when your feeling better. Even if he has 3 appointments the other couples may not book them anyway. See what happens. Don't rush into anything.
this! they may be exaggerating or they may legit have 3 appts since you are getting married on a holiday weekend!
5272012
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
Thanks guys! My FH is coming over (with soup. how sweet) and we are going to chat about what to do!
ill tell u girls the decision!
EmilyandPeter
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
feel better!! Good luck with your decision
danabella
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
that happened to me with my photographer,he said he had a call to meet with a bride who would need him the entire weekend of my wedding bc it would take place in canada and i got nervous and booked...which i kind of regret. :( i now think he was lying. take ur time.
DonnaMarie7
Posted:
Member since
Re: Advice
I would go when you feel better and not stress it. He really shouldn't be making you feel pressured. I also, will never sign on the spot, because I like to take time to think everything over.