So, our wedding is in 23 days and my BM dresses aren't in yet! I want to trust that everything will work out, but how can I when it's in 3 weeks, no dresses, and still need alterations for 8 girls. I was calm until I call today and all they say is they talked with the manufacturer this morning and they are supposed to call them again on TUESDAY to get an answer. So what am i supposed to do? Wait another week and hope for a good answer? I called the manufacturer they can't speak to me bc of privacy. What would you do? Any suggestions if the worst happens? I have 8 girls of all shapes and sizes! I don't want to give out the name of the place yet, I'd rather wait to see what happens. Help!
AngnShaun
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
i wouldnt wait... i would keep calling the manufacturer until you got a confirmation that the dresses are in...
StaceyWill
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Yikes! If it makes you feel any better, my mothers gown came in like a week before my wedding and the place did the alterations in a day and everything worked out. But...if worse comes to worse I'm pretty sure David's can get dresses pretty quickly (unless that's where you went and if that's the case, then I'm no help)
lela7378
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Posted by love82110
So, our wedding is in 23 days and my BM dresses aren't in yet! I want to trust that everything will work out, but how can I when it's in 3 weeks, no dresses, and still need alterations for 8 girls. I was calm until I call today and all they say is they talked with the manufacturer this morning and they are supposed to call them again on TUESDAY to get an answer. So what am i supposed to do? Wait another week and hope for a good answer? I called the manufacturer they can't speak to me bc of privacy. What would you do? Any suggestions if the worst happens? I have 8 girls of all shapes and sizes! I don't want to give out the name of the place yet, I'd rather wait to see what happens. Help!
This is why I lied about my wedding date by 2 weeks to the dress vendors. Keep calling the manufacturer and threaten to pull the order. You can probably go to David's Bridal and get really nice dresses quickly. Tell them that you want a def answer on tuesday or BBB will be called
Jna2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Posted by lela7378
Posted by love82110
So, our wedding is in 23 days and my BM dresses aren't in yet! I want to trust that everything will work out, but how can I when it's in 3 weeks, no dresses, and still need alterations for 8 girls. I was calm until I call today and all they say is they talked with the manufacturer this morning and they are supposed to call them again on TUESDAY to get an answer. So what am i supposed to do? Wait another week and hope for a good answer? I called the manufacturer they can't speak to me bc of privacy. What would you do? Any suggestions if the worst happens? I have 8 girls of all shapes and sizes! I don't want to give out the name of the place yet, I'd rather wait to see what happens. Help!
This is why I lied about my wedding date by 2 weeks to the dress vendors. Keep calling the manufacturer and threaten to pull the order. You can probably go to David's Bridal and get really nice dresses quickly. Tell them that you want a def answer on tuesday or BBB will be called
yes def keep calling!!!!! worse comes to worse you can go buy reg dresses somewhere off the rack and get your money back
miamimerger
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
this happened to me and i wound up actually having my credit card company fight the battle.
jackieee
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
oh man. i am sooo sorry. you shouldnt have to deal with this stress 23 days before yoour wedding!!!!!! i would keep calling and harassing them until you get a straight answer. that is bs!!!!!!!
love82110
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Left another message at the store this evening, waiting until tues seems absurd and if I'm waiting I at least want to know why. Manufacturer will not speak with me, apparently they have privacy contracts and can only deal with the retailers. Will keep you posted, keep the advice coming!
sprinkle23
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Posted by love82110
Left another message at the store this evening, waiting until tues seems absurd and if I'm waiting I at least want to know why. Manufacturer will not speak with me, apparently they have privacy contracts and can only deal with the retailers. Will keep you posted, keep the advice coming!
MAYBE, you can pretend you work at the retailer that you bought the dresses from ; )
'Hi, this is so and so from ......., I'm just checking the status of an URGENT order!'
In all honesty, I'd demand answers if I were you now. In the time being start looking like the other girls say, find another option (if that's possible, I hope it is for you) and give this retailer an ultimatum/deadline.
Good luck!!! Stay Strong!
whispersamethyst
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
I'm in the same exact boat! My BM's dresses were supposed to be in by the 15th, then the lady said that it also includes a 10 day window... well ten days are gone and still no dresses. Supposedly they'll be in by the end of the week, but now I'm scared it won't.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both us.
gravemiss
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Kepp calling...i had the same issue with my wedding gown!!1 I'm getting married in 22 days and my dress just came in Friday...and I told them a date of a week before!!! but I would def. keep calling or go down there!!!!
MongieToBe
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Keep calling....mine came exactly 2 weeks before the wedding & I have 10 girls...luckilyyyy, only 2 of them need alterations
Good luck!! It will all work out
Cookie De La Devine
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Id go to the dress shop and make them call manufactor in front of me and give me an answer to-freakin-day. How are you supposed to wait - its 3 weeks., you have given them plenty of time- how much has been paid on these dresses? is it refundble - can you fight it by credit card
MrsHazel2B
Posted:
Member since
Re: And now I'm nervous....advice!
Why Tuesday? Is this a special day for the manufacturer? That's nearly a week and your weeks are very short. No, screw that! They need to have an answer by the end of this week or threaten to cancel the order and go to David's.