Big job dilemma! Need help! What would you do??? (Long)
I am currently freelancing with a company as a graphic designer, filling in for creative director for the past 3 months. I was hoping to get this position permanently but they are moving it to Tulsa. The company knew that I would be very interested in a full time position, which was offered to me.
However, the position offered is for PowerPoint person. I would be designing Power Point presentation, which is not my specialty, a step down creatively and a boring thing to do on top of it!
Also, it pays 13K less than what I am making right now!!! There has been a lot of drama regarding the salary and it’s still not settled, but even if they bring the salary up, I will still definitely be making MUCH less than what I make now!
There is one catch: it’s possible there they might a graphic designer position opening up in that department and one of the higher ups insinuated that I might what to stick around and step up when the position becomes available! But that is very if-y!
I know the market is bad right now and may be it’s better to have a job than not to have a job. Than again, I could collect unemployment for a while and look for something else.
I keep telling myself that I will take it just so we have enough money for while I look for some other design position.
Also, and this is a big thing: we were waiting for me to get full time job to start trying for a baby! Who know how long it's going to take now with market in such bad shape! And this si a really job with 401K and paid vacation just waiting for me!
Should I stay there through pregnancy, get my maternity leave and than look for something else? I don't know!!!
I am very confused and don’t know that to do!
I will appreciate any input!
Thank you for reading this!
However, the position offered is for PowerPoint person. I would be designing Power Point presentation, which is not my specialty, a step down creatively and a boring thing to do on top of it!
Also, it pays 13K less than what I am making right now!!! There has been a lot of drama regarding the salary and it’s still not settled, but even if they bring the salary up, I will still definitely be making MUCH less than what I make now!
There is one catch: it’s possible there they might a graphic designer position opening up in that department and one of the higher ups insinuated that I might what to stick around and step up when the position becomes available! But that is very if-y!
I know the market is bad right now and may be it’s better to have a job than not to have a job. Than again, I could collect unemployment for a while and look for something else.
I keep telling myself that I will take it just so we have enough money for while I look for some other design position.
Also, and this is a big thing: we were waiting for me to get full time job to start trying for a baby! Who know how long it's going to take now with market in such bad shape! And this si a really job with 401K and paid vacation just waiting for me!
Should I stay there through pregnancy, get my maternity leave and than look for something else? I don't know!!!
I am very confused and don’t know that to do!
I will appreciate any input!
Thank you for reading this!