i do not think denial of a mortgage is grounds for the seller to keep the DP. if you decided you were having buyers remorse, then the sellers would have a case. speak w/ your realtor or lawyer for confirmation.
DjPiLL
Posted:
Member since
Re: Can we lose our downpayment if...
Alas.... but you would only be denied for SONYMA... not the mortgage itself. Just being denied SONYMA is not grounds to break a RE contract. You would just get a higher rate.
IMO thats grounds for the seller to pursue closing the deal. I know if I was the seller and a buyer told me that... i'd fight to keep the deposit... especially after a buyer made me wait months to have the deal fall through.
sophie78
Posted:
Member since
Re: Can we lose our downpayment if...
Its needs to be in your contract that you get the $ back if the mortgage is denied.
KarenB
Posted:
Member since
Re: Can we lose our downpayment if...
It must say there is no deal if you can't get a SONYMA mortgage. Otherwise you have no choice but to go conventional. No seller in the right mind would take a deal based on SONYMA. If you couldn't get a regular mortgage you would get your $$ back I believe.