So, I called to book my church yesterday...and was told the priest would call me back, and I haven't heard from him yet (why, yes, I'm paranoid... why do you ask!)
How long do I wait until I call again to try and book? I'm not worried about the RH because I can move the date (if I have to... which I shouldn't so far in advance) and not lose my deposit ...but I really just want to put this part to rest.
It's the one priest that coordinates all of this so I get the feeling that getting him on the phone may be a chore. I'd be willing to go to another church but REALLY want to get married in my church... What should I do?
FutureMrsF2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question
I would give it till Monday then call back. They probably don't even have a 2010 book yet so there shouldnt be a problem with getting your date.
JRJM0215
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question
It took my priest about a week to call back. I went directly through him to book the church. He has us come in first to do an 'interview' (make sure your doing it for the right reasons) then he put us in the book to hold the date. Check the church website and see if there is an e-mail address for your priest. If you don't hear back by a week def. call again.
As far as I know you can't book over the phone because they want to meet you first. From the time the priest called my back it was another 2 weeks till we met with him.
CristinanBen2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question
It took our church about a week to call back so I would say give them a few days then try again and then go in person if its over a week. You shouldnt worry. I know when we went, we were the only people down in the 2010 book which is non existent, they put us behind the 2009 book.
JoanneAndJustin
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question
Thanks! See, I work in a customer service call center so when my priest didn't call me back like, the next day...I got all paranoid. With all the vendors I'm talking to I'm used to immediate call backs. I know, I know God has more important things to worry about
I'm going to give it a week or two and then drop by.... that seems like the plan. I'm only trying to get this done because FH wants to get confirmed before the wedding and we have pre-cana to do too, I want to make sure we have enough time for everything.