So I had decided on the royalton and was going to do a 4 or 3 o'clock wedding on mlk weekend, however I found out one of my bridesmaids has a destination wedding that wknd. Now in changing the date- that twilight option time is not available. It is either 1130 am or an evening wedding. I like the evening - I think people let loose more and have more fun at night. My FH wants day. And he feels very strongly about it where I feel strongly that 1130 is just too early.
My 2 nd choice hall does one weddibg a day, so we could choose the times. But it's just that- my second choice. Would you go with choice 2 or suck it up and have a day reception.
Personally, I wouldn't sacrifice my first choice of time and date for anyone...especially when you and FH feel so strongly about wanting certain times.
Shan2011
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
Posted by justnicethings
Which came first? Your wedding or the destination wedding?? I wouldn't change the date. It's a LOT easier for your BM to stay local than go to that wedding. I know it sucks, but I'd keep the date and time you originally wanted.
HTH, let us know your decision!![/QUOTE
Destination was planned first. I should have been more clear. We are in the early stages of planning. Havent really done much yet. We are not 'attached ' to the original date bc we only just put a deposit on it- hadn't really planned anything around it. Therefore I'm not really concerned about changing the date but more concerned about time of day. :(
NY031978
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
Im very big on eve weddings...if you have a 1130 ceremony.....you will be up at like 430 getting ready....ughhhh no way in hell would i let him win on that! LOL
linda_art
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
I read through a few of the comments and then decided that maybe I'm a bit spoiled. There are not many things im picky about, but I'd def have to have FH change his mind to like evenings. There is no reason not to have an evening!
This is the beginning of a LONG series of compromises between you and FH, I think he could let you have this one little (HUGE importance) one.
Watermelon5
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
i say keep your orig date and time! otherwise if you MUST change it then i would try and get FH to be more flexible and go w/ the evening v. 1130am
LoveyDovey
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
can you just find another date at the royalton that you can have a twilight?
if i could afford my first choice, I would go for it, even if that meant having to search for a date that worked for us
I dont blame you for changing the date bc of your BM, if a close friend of mine had major plans like that I would not mind moving the date, if shes important to me Id want her there
I would stick with the royalton and find a date that works
Im not a fan of day weddings and when I started planning my wedding I knew it had to be an evening wedding, one of the things I wasn't willing to settle on
if it bothers you now, it will bother you for the entire length of wedding planning
what if you do a friday night? you have a lot more flexibility on time bc you are the only wedding that day
Shan2011
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
Posted by LoveyDovey
can you just find another date at the royalton that you can have a twilight?
if i could afford my first choice, I would go for it, even if that meant having to search for a date that worked for us
I dont blame you for changing the date bc of your BM, if a close friend of mine had major plans like that I would not mind moving the date, if shes important to me Id want her there
I would stick with the royalton and find a date that works
Im not a fan of day weddings and when I started planning my wedding I knew it had to be an evening wedding, one of the things I wasn't willing to settle on
if it bothers you now, it will bother you for the entire length of wedding planning
what if you do a friday night? you have a lot more flexibility on time bc you are the only wedding that day
its GREAT to hear you say you would do the same with the BM!!! Since I work in a school it would be difficult to do a Friday b/c Id prefer not to take off. The Royalton will only do a twilight on a sunday, and the only sunday we like is a sunday where people are off Monday. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JandS
Posted:
Member since
Re: Dealbreaker??
Posted by Watermelon5
i say keep your orig date and time! otherwise if you MUST change it then i would try and get FH to be more flexible and go w/ the evening v. 1130am