Looking for answers to customer support questions? Click Here
Wedding Forums > Brides Helping Brides ™ > Did I make the right photog decision?
Did I make the right photog decision?
angelicd77
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:14 AM+

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:14 AM
Did I make the right photog decision?
Ladies Im having a mini breakdown over here. I booked my photo/video a few months ago and when FH and I met with him we instantly clicked. We got a super deal becuase we had a promo discount from a bridal show and he agreed to waive taxes if we paid cash. I was thinking 'Wow this is too good to be true!'. Well now Im thinking it may have been. When I went and gave my $800 CASH deposit the photog and I set up our e-pics for Labor Day. Right before FH decided he didnt want to do them that day so I texted the photog who proceeded to tell me that it wasnt a big deal because he didnt realize it was the holiday either and was going to call to reschedule anyway. No biggie. I waited a couple weeks and tried to get in touch with him again to set up another date. We agreed on some random Wednesday (im off every other and FH gets out early). Well that Monday guess who texted me. Yep the photog. He 'forgot' he had a bridal show that evening and couldnt do our shoot. I told him that at this point it would be easier for him to give us a list of dates that he was available and we would just have to make it work. He replies 'well its no big deal, even if we have to do some shots in the studio we'll get them done.' Um, excuse me? No Im paying you for a service and I want it done the proper way. Not the way that is most convenient for you. I sent him ANOTHER email on thursday night expressing my concern and stressing that we want our pics done soon with no reply as of yet. I know he has a full time job on top of his photog business, but I fee like hes just shoving us to the side. I was considering having FH call him, but FH tends to get a little pissy when Im upset and I dont want him to piss off one of our most important vendors. What do I do? Wait for him to reply to the e-mail? Have FH call him? Should I just cut my losses and start looking for a new photo/video vendor? Im really shocked that Im having this issue because he came HIGHLY reccomended by a 2011 bride. I just dont know what to do
. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading!
lauren1802
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:44 AM+

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:44 AM
Did I make the right photog decision?
I think you should give him until monday to respond. Does he have an office you can go talk to him in person at? If you dont hear anything before Thanksgiving, I would threaten to report them to BBB and ask for your deposit back. Because, chances are there will be excuses thru new years after that! Are there any loopholes in your contract?
angelicd77
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:46 AM+

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 09:46 AM
Did I make the right photog decision?
He does have an office thats very close to my job. I could go over there on a lunch break but I dont know when hes definately there. As far as loopholes, Im not really sure. Ill have to look it over when I get home. I just cant believe this. Its so frustrating.
MarryTheNight24
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 12:08 PM+

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 12:08 PM
Did I make the right photog decision?
I would go to the office if you can. Tell him your concerns and tell him that you're considering finding another photographer. Hopefully he will step it up. I would give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Life is just starting to get back to normal for some people around the island. Maybe he was effected by the storm?
angelicd77
Posted: Nov 17, 2012 02:02 PM+

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 02:02 PM
Re: Did I make the right photog decision?
Posted by MarryTheNight24
I would go to the office if you can. Tell him your concerns and tell him that you're considering finding another photographer. Hopefully he will step it up. I would give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Life is just starting to get back to normal for some people around the island. Maybe he was effected by the storm?
All of this was well before the storm and I waited till Thursday to at least give him time incase he was affected. I just feel like he should at least acknowledge my e-mail or at least make an attempt to get in touch with me. Its very frustrating..
jassy119
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 11:41 AM+

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 11:41 AM
Did I make the right photog decision?
If he has still not replied to your email I would give him a call to discuss things and express your concerns. If he does not answer or return your call within a day or so then I would try going to his office. Its not right that he is giving u the run around. Yes, things may be busy or whatever but he should still be in touch and let you know whats going on. He should have also had those dates to u asap so u can move fwd. If all fails then yes, I would consider looking into another photog and threating to report him so u can get your deposit back.Welcome New Vendors
- The Barn At Old Bethpage Discover the charm a...
- Tellers: An American Chophouse Celebrate Your Love ...
- Cup Of Tea Creative Unique Wedding Gifts...
- Speeches for Milestones The Big Day Has Arri...
- Long Island Bridal Expo Connecting Brides & ...
- 1 More Rep 1 More Rep: Elite Fi...
- Bellport Inn The Bellport Inn –...
- Fiddlers Dream Music Experience the Music...
- Havana Central Celebrate Your Weddi...
- Primerica Nelida Flynn Primerica Nelida Fly...
- Acetra Affairs Here at Acetra Affai...
- The Crushed Olive Discover Culinary Ex...



















