E-ring issue...I am so upset (a lil long)
So after being engaged for a month, I just found out that the jeweler (my FH's friend's sister) put the wrong diamond in my ring!!!! I am so upset and don't know what to do. Apparently, there were two diamonds in the picture when my FH was deciding. He chose one (1.51 round, certified) over the other (1.57, uncertified). Because he was dealing with someone he knew, he trusted them when they said they had to get in the certification from the dealer because they had to specially bring in diamonds because he was being very specific in his search. Well, needless to say he has been trying to get the certification for the past month for insurance purposes and all that. Yesterday we learned what the delay was...they actually put the wrong diamond (1.57 uncertified) in my ering.
I am so upset either way because...
-If I keep the diamond I have, it's not the one he intended me to have, and it's not certified
-If I get the other one (they are holding it for him), I won't have the diamond he asked me with.
What should I do? I am so angry and upset with this person for making such a stupid mistake. They said they would pay for the appraisal of this ring...but what if it is worth less than what FH paid???? I'm not sure if they will give him money back. And does anyone know if a diamond can be certified after it is bought? And is it absolutely critical that a diamond is in fact certified?
Not to mention that I want the matching pave band to my ring but I refuse to step foot in the store or speak to this person again...so now I guess I will have to get it made.![]()
I don't know enough about diamonds to know the major difference between certified and uncertified. What would you girls do?![]()
I am so upset either way because...
-If I keep the diamond I have, it's not the one he intended me to have, and it's not certified
-If I get the other one (they are holding it for him), I won't have the diamond he asked me with.
What should I do? I am so angry and upset with this person for making such a stupid mistake. They said they would pay for the appraisal of this ring...but what if it is worth less than what FH paid???? I'm not sure if they will give him money back. And does anyone know if a diamond can be certified after it is bought? And is it absolutely critical that a diamond is in fact certified?
Not to mention that I want the matching pave band to my ring but I refuse to step foot in the store or speak to this person again...so now I guess I will have to get it made.
I don't know enough about diamonds to know the major difference between certified and uncertified. What would you girls do?