Post New Topic

GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

nylisa Posted:

GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

Here is the weather report for tomorrow - friday as of now:

A WINTER STORM BEGINS TO THREATEN THE TRI-STATE AREA AGAIN FOR THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY...

A COUPLE OF LOW PRESSURE CENTERS WILL DEVELOP THROUGH THE MID ATLANTIC REGION THURSDAY. ONE OF THESE LOWS IS EXPECTED TO FORM ALONG THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST LATE THURSDAY, THEN INTENSIFY AS IT TRACKS NORTHEASTWARD OUT OVER THE WESTERN ATLANTIC THROUGH FRIDAY.

IN RESPONSE TO THIS, WE EXPECT TO SEE SOME LIGHT SNOW WORKING INTO OUR REGION TOWARD THURSDAY EVENING. THE SNOW SHOULD BECOME WIDESPREAD AND POSSIBLY HEAVIER AT TIMES THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH MIDDAY FRIDAY. ALL LOCATIONS IN THE TRI-STATE REGION CAN EXPECT AN ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL FROM THIS STORM. ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL A GOOD DEAL OF UNCERTAINTY REGARDING THE EVENTUAL TRACK AND INTENSITY OF THIS STORM, AT THIS POINT WE DO BELIEVE THAT COASTAL LOCATIONS SHOULD SEE THE HIGHER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. EASTERN PORTIONS OF LONG ISLAND MAY RECEIVE BETWEEN 4 AND 6 INCHES BY THE TIME IT ALL ENDS AROUND MIDDAY OR SO FRIDAY. THE METROPOLITAN AREA AND COASTAL CONNECTICUT COULD SEE BETWEEN 3 AND 4 INCHES WITH THE INTERIOR SUBURBS SEEING ONLY AROUND 2 INCHES.

IT STILL MUST BE NOTED THAT IT WOULD TAKE ONLY A SLIGHT NORTHWARD DEVIATION IN THE TRACK OF THIS STORM TO PRESENT US WITH A MORE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL. ON THE OTHER HAND...A DEVIATION TO THE SOUTH WOULD BRING US LESSER AMOUNTS.

What do you girls think? Do you think I should call and try to reschedule?
Robeymuse Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

I don't know, that is a hard one because even the weather people don't know how bad it is going to be. Then again, more people said they could make it if we had it on the 7th.

princess99 Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

IMO I would, why risk no one not showing up, I know I would want a free mind and conscious that everyone showed up safely.
Did u notice that no one is really giving a exact snowfall amount? I think they are afraid to tell us......
nylisa Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

It looks like the GTG will still be held on Friday. See you all there.

Rob-luvs-me Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

I hate to say it b/c I'm really excited about seeing everyone but for safety reasons it is probably better to push it back a week. Even if we get 3 inches since the dinner is at night it might get icy or slippery and then we are all driving. JMO.

Marcela1654 Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

Lisa: I just sent you a FM

nylisa Posted:

Re: Opinion on Rescheduling GTG

I spoke to Violetta's today and the next Friday that they have available is sometime in June. They did have March 14th open but by the time I called back, someone was there booking for March 14th. They still do not know about the snow, but it is suppose to stop by mid afternoon and then the sun is suppose to come out and be in the mid 40's.

Rob-luvs-me Posted:

Re: GTG Is Still On For Friday

They just said on the news 2-4 inches - while 2 inches isn't bad 4 may be a problem. NO DON'T SNOW I really want to go
What about a Sat night?
nylisa Posted:

Re: GTG Is Still On For Friday

If everyone really wants to postpone it, I will call Violetta's (after 5 p.m. because that is when the owner comes in) and speak to him about different days that he mighe have available. I know that March 14th is no good for ChippaTriD. I call try for another Friday night (maybe March 28th). I will post after I speak to Violetta's.

WithThisRing Posted:

Re: GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

I am good for any friday or saturday (except March 14)

So whatever the decision is, its fine with me just let me know
Jess2 Posted:

Re: GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

The 28th would be great for me, this way I could go, thanks!

Rob-luvs-me Posted:

Re: GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

I'm good for any day other than the 15th. Lisa would people be free sat for lunch - could we talk him into that? When do you need to let him know for sure - maybe we could wait until they have a more definite idea of what we are in for. There seem to be conflicting reports of what we are going to get.

nylisa Posted:

Re: GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

I need to tell him by 5 p.m. today. I was just on the weatherchannel.com and they said Light Snow not Snow Showers. They predict it to start early tomorrow and end by midday.

Jen_n_Dale Posted:

Re: GTG For Tomorrow Might Be Postponed

Usually Saturdays I work in the day. Nights would not be a problem and Sundays I am available anytime. Either way keep me updated. I am coming from eastern long island and live on the south shore which is calling for more snow. But you never know, it could miss us. I WANT THE SUN AND WARM WEATHER!!!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.