Help...need advice
As many of you know my FH is from overseas. Many family and friends that he wants to invite still live there. He wants us to send the invitations for our April 30 wedding to them before THANKSGIVING. His reason is so that they can make arrangements with airfare and hotels based on what we send them. But he also says that we should tell them to send the rsvp back by the end of February.
My thinking is this: Nov is too early. People will forget to send the rsvp's back and we'll end up having to call everyone overthere finding out who is coming. I think we should send them out Jan 2nd, after the holidays and rsvp should be by Feb 28th. That gives them more than enough time to decide if they can come.
I know what FH is thinking. He thinks his friends won't want to reply until they can get the $ together to fly over. But god knows how long that will take. He says 'what if they say yes and then realize in March they don't have the $ to come'. I say 'they've known since Nov about the wedding if they didn't start saving then it's their own fault'.
Weddings in Ireland from waht I can tell are much more stress free. You book a hall for X amount of dollars regardless of how many you're inviting. Usually the hall holds a few hundred people anyway. You don't pay per person so if say 20 don't show up on the day of the wedding, no loss in $. But here - we do it per plate and so we need to have a ballpark figure. And I wanted to have a # of who was coming from Ireland before I sent out the invitations to people here, because alot of his friends that live here are single but I do'nt have alot of single friends myself so I want these guys to bring dates if they can so they aren't bored to death at the reception. Them bringing dates hinges on whether alot of people from Ireland decide to come or not.
So now I'm thinking I should send a letter out to those that are being invited saying 'here's info on the hotels' including the rates and stuff so they can at least book now if they intend on coming or at least know what to expect to be saving if they plan on coming. But I don't think sending the invites in November is going to make things easier on us. I think it will make it harder if anything. And I know what will happen. These guys won't rsvp, FH is going to have to call them, because of the time difference he can't call until the weekend because he gets home too late during the week, and these guys won't be home to tell him what they are doing. Ugh. IT's going to be a disaster. I know it.
We should have done a wedding here and a wedding in Ireland. Problem would have been solved that way.
No wonder my crohn's is acting up - I'm home sick and my stomach/abdomen is KILLING ME.
![]()
My thinking is this: Nov is too early. People will forget to send the rsvp's back and we'll end up having to call everyone overthere finding out who is coming. I think we should send them out Jan 2nd, after the holidays and rsvp should be by Feb 28th. That gives them more than enough time to decide if they can come.
I know what FH is thinking. He thinks his friends won't want to reply until they can get the $ together to fly over. But god knows how long that will take. He says 'what if they say yes and then realize in March they don't have the $ to come'. I say 'they've known since Nov about the wedding if they didn't start saving then it's their own fault'.
Weddings in Ireland from waht I can tell are much more stress free. You book a hall for X amount of dollars regardless of how many you're inviting. Usually the hall holds a few hundred people anyway. You don't pay per person so if say 20 don't show up on the day of the wedding, no loss in $. But here - we do it per plate and so we need to have a ballpark figure. And I wanted to have a # of who was coming from Ireland before I sent out the invitations to people here, because alot of his friends that live here are single but I do'nt have alot of single friends myself so I want these guys to bring dates if they can so they aren't bored to death at the reception. Them bringing dates hinges on whether alot of people from Ireland decide to come or not.
So now I'm thinking I should send a letter out to those that are being invited saying 'here's info on the hotels' including the rates and stuff so they can at least book now if they intend on coming or at least know what to expect to be saving if they plan on coming. But I don't think sending the invites in November is going to make things easier on us. I think it will make it harder if anything. And I know what will happen. These guys won't rsvp, FH is going to have to call them, because of the time difference he can't call until the weekend because he gets home too late during the week, and these guys won't be home to tell him what they are doing. Ugh. IT's going to be a disaster. I know it.
We should have done a wedding here and a wedding in Ireland. Problem would have been solved that way.
No wonder my crohn's is acting up - I'm home sick and my stomach/abdomen is KILLING ME.