My officiant is a very good friend of the family. And make a long story short he lives in New Orleans! I have heard from him since Hurricane Katrina hit but he hasn't specified whether or not he will be able to make it to NY for my wedding in 14 days!!
What do I do!?
adioguardi
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Keep the faith!!! My fingers are crossed for you and for him and his family!!
littlebookworm4
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
OMG!! It's one of those situations that you don't want to ask since it's such a horrible situation there but you also need to know. I'd really give him a call and find out. If he can't make it you're going to have to go into over drive and find a last minute. Good luck!!
Mrs. dleeny
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
first, I hope he and his family stay safe, God bless them and help them through this HORRIBLE tragedy!!!
second, call your hall, see if they can recommend someone.
also, check out the LIW vendors page and see if any of them are available.
there are so many officiants, I am 100% sure you will find one.
good luck.
Faith
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Wow, that is quite a dillemma. But you do need to know whether he will be able to marry you as soon as possible, incase you might need to find someone else on such short notice! I would ask someone in your family (whoever is closest to him) to call and find out right away.
micmar
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Wow that's tough. I would suggest seeking a back-up. I'm sure you could find someone to perform the ceremony. Just in case, you want to have assurance. Good luck.
takeoutcook
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Go with the assumption that your officiant will not be able to make it to NY. If you're wrong and he is able to make it - great - but have a backup.
Sending prayers to your friend and all those down there
cjik
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope he continues to be safe.
If I were you, I would start calling for a back-up. Your reception site might be able to recommend someone, or the house of worship he is affiliated with. If you need other names, send FM. I have a couple non-denominational ministers we did not use, but came highly recommended.
103005FallBride
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
I'm so sorry to hear this... I pray he and his family is safe.
Try and find a back up...just in case. I would be wonderful for him to perform your ceremony, but may be difficult with all he's going through.
jesslangen
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Carmine and I have decided to give our officiant till tomorrow to contact us. If he doesn't I will try to send a compassionate email explaining I can only imagine how difficult this time is for him and his family and we understand if he will not be able to make it to NY for the wedding. Hopefully offering him a way out will enable him to give us a more definitive answer of what his plans are. I know he has probably been holding off because he doesn't want to let us down.
Wish us luck and prayer, we could use it!
SomethingBlu
Posted:
Member since
Re: I have the WORST news
Posted by jesslangen
Carmine and I have decided to give our officiant till tomorrow to contact us. If he doesn't I will try to send a compassionate email explaining I can only imagine how difficult this time is for him and his family and we understand if he will not be able to make it to NY for the wedding. Hopefully offering him a way out will enable him to give us a more definitive answer of what his plans are. I know he has probably been holding off because he doesn't want to let us down.
Wish us luck and prayer, we could use it!
That sounds like a good idea. My thoughts and prayers are with your officiant and his family.
I am sure that your day will be wonderful regardles..