in one month rather than today at your dream place would you wait and risk the date being taken?
SparkyandAng
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Never
craznan
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Nope, I would rather spend the money.
Kara and Todd
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Why will it be $3,000 less if you wait a month to book? I'd play hardball with the venue and say 'we'll book right now, but only at the price you're telling us we can have in 1 month.'
We got our RH down $15 pp by saying 'We'll book with you right now, but only if you match the price we were quoted by our second choice hall.' They did with no problems...
FutureMrsC
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
I agree...I would try to negotiate. I would go crazy if I had to wait a month to book. See if they can knock the pricce down.
What will make it $3000 less if you wait a month? I don't get that.
mrsdraskin2009
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
I would! Only if the date didn't have some special meaning, like a birthday or anniversary.
I am all about saving money and for me, the date isn't as important as other things. I am soooo all over the place with when I want to get married that it chnages all the time, so if a RH wanted to give me a deal like that, I'd probably go for it.
But also, why will it be cheaper in a month???
MJDoc12
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
why are they saying you have to wait a month to save $3K???
just remember the #1 cardinal rule about halls and negotiating with banquet managers----NOTHING THEY SAY VERBALLY IS CONCRETE UNLESS ITS IN WRITING!
so if a BM is saying 'wait a month and it'll save you $3K' well whos to say that if its not in writing or a contract that when you go back in a month that the deal has changed??
rkl1130
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
I would definitely try to negotiate this one. You do certainly run the risk of losing the date, but also of them reneging on the price since it's only verbal.
Dougs Girl
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
I wouldn't
Kara and Todd
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Posted by MJDoc12
why are they saying you have to wait a month to save $3K???
just remember the #1 cardinal rule about halls and negotiating with banquet managers----NOTHING THEY SAY VERBALLY IS CONCRETE UNLESS ITS IN WRITING!
so if a BM is saying 'wait a month and it'll save you $3K' well whos to say that if its not in writing or a contract that when you go back in a month that the deal has changed??
This is another good point I hadn't really considered. It IS also possible that you'll go back in a month and they'll say 'So and so doesn't even work here anymore' or 'We never said that'
However, what you DO have going for you is that you KNOW they CAN do the party for $3k less... so I'd ask for that deal now. Tell them, 'We're ready to book you right now, but only if you give us the same deal you claim we'll get if we wait a month to book. Otherwise, we're going to our second choice hall tomorrow to sign the contract because they gave us a good deal and didn't make us wait.' MOST places will want you to book right away, so it's worth a shot.
KK Holiday
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
no! what's $3,000 anyway when weddings are so expensive?!!
bluegreen08
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
I'm assuming there's no reason why it would be 3k and you're just posing a hypo that if it WAS (no questions asked) would we?
I don't know... we are doing a Sunday so less popular, so maybe the date would stay open longer but we really wanted this date. It doesn't have any special meaning to us aside from being 2 weeks before our 6 year anniv and 1 week after my birthday, plus I like the symmetry of 08/_/08 but ithat specific day was really was the best time for us with work, school, etc if we wanted to have a honeymoon.
I'm generally risk adverse so I probably would book it immediately
ML110
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
well.. i'm all about saving money... but why would you have to wait a month to get it cheaper?? like somebody else said, that obviously means that they can do the party for less, so i would call them out on it and say ' we'll book now, but you have to give us the cheaper price. if not we'll go to our second choice hall'.
AS
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Posted by SparkyandAng
Never
Ditto bec Goodness forbid the hall is all out of dates
xBrunette
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
no way....
rocketsummer17
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
i would book it but only if they could give me the cheaper rate now....If they can do it for 3000 less in 4 weeks why cant they do it now?? that doesnt make sense...
the future mrs m
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
Well, I would save 3,000 because of the site fee and the fact that thewedding would be in april '08 (so soon) and I would wait to book it on dec. 1st. that's when they drop their site fee. Honestly I will end up paying about 160 per person for the hall alone. So having the site fee dropped makes a big difference in cost. The venue called yesterday and knocked 1,000 off the site fee in order for me to book now. I might try to still negotiate.
Bellez95
Posted:
Member since
Re: If you could save 3000 by booking your day...
just tell them you only wanna book it if you get the $3000 off and if they say no wait it out. Im all aboutt if its meant to be it will be and everything always works out