Post New Topic

might be postponing... </3

vickyp0o1215 Posted:

might be postponing... </3

Sooo I am reallyyyy upset bc of the situation FH and I are in right now..

The economy suxx and I am going back to school for my Masters so its really hard for me to find a stable and decent paying job, esp one that works around my school hours.

We are starting to seriiously think about postponing our wedding. We have gone through this b4 but decided to wait in hopes that it would all work out. However with each payment we make to the hall we are digging a deeper hole or denial!!! Everything is so expensive and nobody is able to help us out with costs of wedding, setting up an apartment etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can relate or knows someone who had to push their wedding back. I am afraid to lose our money we already paid to the hall. Thank God we havent booked any other vendors so the hall is the only concern.

Do you know if it is possible to apply the money to a later date/alter the date in the contract... any advice will help. thanks3


Updateee... So I called the hall and they can change the date but it will be a $500 fee and if we wait longer that fee keeps going up. Has anyone ever heard of this??? Its still almost 2 years away and I know the date will book like ASAP after we drop it! I just feel so down about this whole thing. We are now looking at Nov 2011. Hopefully the pricing is the same as July
marinai7 Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

Since your wedding isn't until 2011, they have 2 years to get somebody else to take the date. You can speak to them about it and let them know the situation sooner rather than later so they have more time with your date.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

Good Luck.
bridezilla2b Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3



Good Luck!!!



I am sure it will work out!
DanielleMF Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I can't imagine they wont push it back for you- it is over two years away and they can fill your date in no time i am sure. Maybe you can push it to an off month like December when everything is cheaper.

I am sure everything will work out for you, keep us posted on how it all goes.

Keep smiling =)
Mommy2BeBride Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

You should try speaking with the RH and see if they can help you out a little with the cost and see if they will lower it.

I know exactly what you are going through becuase my boyfriend keeps pushing our engagement because we are both in school and i'm devistated, so I can't even imagine how you feel pushing back a wedding that is booked!

i hope everything works out for you.
JAAMS Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

You should talk w/ your RH & see what they can do for you. I hope it all works out
FutureMrsM Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3


Posted by vickyp0o1215

Sooo I am reallyyyy upset bc of the situation FH and I are in right now..

The economy suxx and I am going back to school for my Masters so its really hard for me to find a stable and decent paying job, esp one that works around my school hours.

We are starting to seriiously think about postponing our wedding. We have gone through this b4 but decided to wait in hopes that it would all work out. However with each payment we make to the hall we are digging a deeper hole or denial!!! Everything is so expensive and nobody is able to help us out with costs of wedding, setting up an apartment etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can relate or knows someone who had to push their wedding back. I am afraid to lose our money we already paid to the hall. Thank God we havent booked any other vendors so the hall is the only concern.

Do you know if it is possible to apply the money to a later date/alter the date in the contract... any advice will help. thanks3


Updateee... So I called the hall and they can change the date but it will be a $500 fee and if we wait longer that fee keeps going up. Has anyone ever heard of this??? Its still almost 2 years away and I know the date will book like ASAP after we drop it! I just feel so down about this whole thing. We are now looking at Nov 2011. Hopefully the pricing is the same as July



You'll probably end up much better off, November is one of the cheaper months to get married, so you may end up saving even more than the $500 fee... They are right though,your hall is in Nassau and they don't have to give you a dime back. Tthe longer you wait the less you'll get back. I was engaged several years ago and called it off, I had already paid for the hall in full (in Nassau County) and cancelled about 1 year in advance and didn't get a dime back! Spoke to a lawyer and they said that it was the policy in Nassau, thy don't have to give anything back.
cuty24 Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I have never heard of paying to change your wedding date that sounds crazy to me esp since your wedding is so far in advance. My wedding is in 9 days and we were over our guest list by 42 people and we could no longer afford our package so we renegotiated and they gave us the lower dinner menu (still get tons of food I should have thought about that in the first place) and parts of the viennese hour. It all balanced out. Maybe you could try doing that or alot of people are doing only cocktail hour instead of dinner. I hope everything works out for you

JoanneAndJustin Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I changed my date twice with my hall (5/20/2010, 4/09/10, and then finally 03/201/10) and we never were charged a fee as long as they had the date available.

We thought about post-phoning the wedding too, and I'd do it for 500.00, because you'll be able to save much more than that in the mean time, and if you have it off-peak you'll still be ahead.
MrsHazel2B Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I've thought about changing my date twice and my hall never said anything about a fee. They know that my date, should i want to change it, will go really fast. Especially at Jericho Terrace! They're booked for nearly the entire summer next yr. How dare they?

HSsweethearts Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I had to postpone my wedding. It was over a year in advance, and in Suffolk I would ave gotten most of the money bacl, but in Nassau, they don't have to do anything. My hall was in Nassau. They actually gave us back about 2/3 of what we'd already paid, and they are holding the final third for a future date with no fee. I think your hall is really being unceccesarily strict about this, especially since it's 2 years in advance.

Scarpak Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I just postponed my jan 2011 wedding to jan 2012. NONE of my vendors charged a fee or changed the price at all. it was a VERY hard decision to make, but i know in my heart it was the right thing to do. FM me if you need to talk

Kat
las1 Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

I am sorry you are going through this. I understand regarding the money issues though. I am not sure regarding the $500 I think it depends on the hall's policy. But getting married in November is cheaper than July so you will save some money. Also, your wedding is 2 years away so you should have plenty of time to put money into savings. Talk to your RH see what the prices are off season.

Good luck.
jcreilly Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

thats crazy because your wedding is so far off read your contract very carful you maybe abel to find a loop hole.If it saids nothing about date change you can fight it

DaniandKen2010 Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

We postponed ours from 10.31.2009 to 10.30.2010 and there was no charge or anything. They just ripped up the contract and wrote a new one for the new date.

anszusterman Posted:

Re: might be postponing... </3

my secretary is actually getting married at Jericho Terrace and moved her date from this year to next year without getting charged. Her friend also changed her date THREE TIMES without a fee. I think there is room for negotiation since you aren't cancelling, just postponing.

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.