M&V Limo (long)
Now I have read some negative posts from them in the past and alwasy said that the service I was getting was good BUT that all turned to cr_p this week. I booked back in May for my Nov 2 wedding. At the time I didn't want to go searching for a limo company for weeks and weeks and there were some good posts about M&V so we went there. They had the cars I wanted, a 24 passenger SUV, 10-pass stretch for parents and a brand new replica of a 1920 Madam X. I knew I wanted an antique car and not something you see everyday so when I saw the photos of the Madam X I was really excited. The car was being built and was coming to Smithtow in July.
Mistake #1- I trusted the people at M&V when they said the car would be coming in
Since May I have contacted M&V 3X to confirm my cars,dates, times, payment amount. I am very anal like that. I check and re-check on my vendors. Each time I called my arrangments were confirmed with me, no problems.
Mistake #2- I did not go to the shop after July and see the Madam X for myself. I trusted the people that work for the company when I called
Well on Tuesday at 4:30pm I got a call from one of the sales guys telling me 'there is a slight problem with one of your wedding day cars'. It seems that the Madam X was NEVER delivered and has been delayed for months. My neighbors probably think I am a complete nut case because some of the words I used I don't even think I knew before I said them and my voice could have broken glass. After I said to put the owner on the phone, he got on (why didn't he call me in the first place?) after a long, angry discussion where I told him that he should have told me months ago that there was a problem and I feel that they did not tell me so I would be stuck using their company and stuck with whatever car they gave me he told me that he would try to get me another car that would make my happy. Then I said, and what are you doing on my prices. He said, 'I will take $100 off but I don't even have to do that for you'
After not trusting these people and not wanting to give them my $2K cash or my business I decided to cancel (I was NOT stuck using them) and book another company. I did get my $300 deposit back from M&V, and for that, I think they did the right thing. I was NOT happy using them and did not trust them at all. They had more than enough time to tell me about the problem with the car and let me make my own decision about what to do. But they decided to wait until 10-days before my wedding to inform me.
Normally I try not to scare other brides about vendors but this is way too much. If you booked with M&V make sure you SEE your cars and do not take their word that it will 'be ready'.
Royalty Limo has been wonderful to deal with. Manny has been great to deal with and has helped me sooo much. I will post a few review after the wedding.
Mistake #1- I trusted the people at M&V when they said the car would be coming in
Since May I have contacted M&V 3X to confirm my cars,dates, times, payment amount. I am very anal like that. I check and re-check on my vendors. Each time I called my arrangments were confirmed with me, no problems.
Mistake #2- I did not go to the shop after July and see the Madam X for myself. I trusted the people that work for the company when I called
Well on Tuesday at 4:30pm I got a call from one of the sales guys telling me 'there is a slight problem with one of your wedding day cars'. It seems that the Madam X was NEVER delivered and has been delayed for months. My neighbors probably think I am a complete nut case because some of the words I used I don't even think I knew before I said them and my voice could have broken glass. After I said to put the owner on the phone, he got on (why didn't he call me in the first place?) after a long, angry discussion where I told him that he should have told me months ago that there was a problem and I feel that they did not tell me so I would be stuck using their company and stuck with whatever car they gave me he told me that he would try to get me another car that would make my happy. Then I said, and what are you doing on my prices. He said, 'I will take $100 off but I don't even have to do that for you'
After not trusting these people and not wanting to give them my $2K cash or my business I decided to cancel (I was NOT stuck using them) and book another company. I did get my $300 deposit back from M&V, and for that, I think they did the right thing. I was NOT happy using them and did not trust them at all. They had more than enough time to tell me about the problem with the car and let me make my own decision about what to do. But they decided to wait until 10-days before my wedding to inform me.
Normally I try not to scare other brides about vendors but this is way too much. If you booked with M&V make sure you SEE your cars and do not take their word that it will 'be ready'.
Royalty Limo has been wonderful to deal with. Manny has been great to deal with and has helped me sooo much. I will post a few review after the wedding.