Post New Topic

My appointment tonight

Original post by michele31

Baby doesn't want to do his/her headstand.
The midwife told me I have until 37 weeks (which is in 2 weeks) for the baby to turn or I have to decide if I want an external verision or c-section. She said the final decision has to be mine but she would recommend the verision. Yes, there is a chance the baby will turn in this time period but she wants me to begin thinking about what I want to do.
She said she only uses the head of maternal/fetal medicine at LIJ to do the verision and has never had a patient with any problems afterwards. Although he has turned away some patients who were not prime candiates for the procedure. (He has a female OB that works under him that he trained to do the procedure because most of you know I have an adversion to male OBs)
She said, 'I would never tell you that I think something is the right thing to do if it would put you or the baby at risk.But you have to make the final call'
Both ideas $ucks IMO. I am afriad of both the verision and the c-section I am feel very overwhelmed by all of this.
opions/comments/thoughts/experiences
JustJodi Posted:

Re: My appointment tonight

Michele maybe it would make you feel better of you could actually 'talk' to this doctor.
Maybe it would ease some of your worries.
Can you call and leave a msg for him to call you?

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.