Has anyone had success cancelling a vendor? Basically I met with a certain vendor months ago...gave a small $50 deposit...now I found another place that is giving so much more for the same $$ and I would like to book them. I don't care about losing the $50 BUT i saw in my contract with the original vendor that we would have to pay them 10% of the contract total!! The wedding is over 2 months away...do you think if I called them and explained I couldn't afford them any longer they might let it go??
Just wondering. I really want to book this other vendor but can't afford the 10% loss. Any stories/experiences would be appreciated!!
suven
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
this is horrible, but you could try telling them that the wedding is cancelled
Mrs. dleeny
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
Posted by suven
this is horrible, but you could try telling them that the wedding is cancelled
I think that even if you tell them that it's cancelled, they would still want the 10% fee.
If you look at it from their perspective, it's a date they're holding for you and can't do any other weddings or events that day (depending on the vendor I guess). Especially this close to the date.
Good luck though!!
sophie78
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
The worse that happens is that they would take you to small claims court.
May05Bride
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
We cancelled one of our vendors, but it was over 1 year in advance so all we lost was a deposit.
Because I am always afraid of a Jinxs and stuff, I told them that we ended up getting married without a wedding because FH got residency in Canada!
No probs there...
nylibride
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
I'd say just talk to them and see what they say at this point and then weigh your options. Having (unfortunately) cancelled a wedding 2 months before the date (several years ago), I can almost guarantee you that will have no effect on their $$ decision. You couldn't believe what we went through with $$ and cancelled vendors when that happened. Nightmare.
But I digress.... Good luck with your conversation. Just be straightforward with them!
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
I have heard that alot of vendors will match other vendors prices, what if you tell them there were things you wanted that you didnt get with them, and a 'friend' of yours used another vendor and got ***** for the same price...would they be willing to add it for free? I would try to cancel first and if they want 10% then try to barter (sp?) with them. I have heard of vendors doing that as so not to lose money...HTH Good Luck
Mrs_B
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
We are actually in the process of cancelling our limo company and I really do not care if I lose out on the 200 deposit I left. Id rather have peace of mind on my wedding day. Good luck!!
Johnny&Maur
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
Thank you girls for all your suggestions!
I think what i'm going to do is to tell them that this particular place was able to give me so much more for the same, if not less $$. I'll see if they can match it...that would definitely be an alternative, it just seemed in the beginning that there was no way to get anything better than we already had.
I should have known to not go with them but I just wanted it done. I'm in VA and the thought of multiple trips to long island to see other vendors wasn't appealing at the time.
Thanks again :) I'll let you know what happens!
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
Im in SC so I understand where you are coming from...Good Luck with it...
jportjeff
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
Now this has me thinking of another situation.
What would you do in this case? I had a trial with this vendor, I paid her $$ for the trial. Signed her contract that said to hold the date to pay a $$ deposit. 2 days later I finally get a hold of them and they said they were already booked for another wedding but could squeeze me in. Naturally this was unacceptable and I said no, i was later told they would find an assistant to do the work and would send pictures of a wedding they were working on. Well, I never received the images, but did get an email asking if i sent the deposit. I said absolutely not that I was waiting for these pictures that were promised and never sent. I never heard back. Would you worry about this? I was thinking of sending a registered letter just to make sure.
Johnny&Maur
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
Posted by jportjeff
Now this has me thinking of another situation.
What would you do in this case? I had a trial with this vendor, I paid her $$ for the trial. Signed her contract that said to hold the date to pay a $$ deposit. 2 days later I finally get a hold of them and they said they were already booked for another wedding but could squeeze me in. Naturally this was unacceptable and I said no, i was later told they would find an assistant to do the work and would send pictures of a wedding they were working on. Well, I never received the images, but did get an email asking if i sent the deposit. I said absolutely not that I was waiting for these pictures that were promised and never sent. I never heard back. Would you worry about this? I was thinking of sending a registered letter just to make sure.
I would definitely send the letter. There is no reason they haven't sent the images yet. Honestly, I think if it were me I would try another makeup trial and forget about the one you're currently doing. They don't seem too concerned with making you feel assured...just my opinion! Good luck with everything :)
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
I would send them the letter too. FOG always tells me 'get it in writing' this way your a$$ is always covered for that kind of stuff...Hope it works out for you
SummerBride06
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
so mo, what did you end up doing?
Swan06
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
If you feel any discomfort... Don't do it!!!
Swan06
Posted:
Member since
Re: Need to cancel a vendor but worried..
I kinda learned the hard way. It ended up turning out okay. I only go with vendors that I feel 100% sure about.