The photog who is currently my #1 choice (based on his presentation in person and looking at others portfolios online) just called to say he has another couple coming in to possibly book on our date, on Friday. Fh and I haven't gone to see any other photogs (we're going to see another video person tonight) but our next photog appointment isn't until next week and I was going to set up a few more for next week as well.
Now I don't know what to do. I mean these other people could come in and not book also, but they could also book and then if I decide to go with him I will be SOL. I thought it was really nice of him to call and tell me, but now I don't know what to do. What do you girls think?
longislandlibrarian
Posted:
Member since
Re: Photog decision
It depends on how 'SOLID' you are with your decision about them....... my friend booked the 1st photographer and never regretted it but if you feel like you need to look at some more, then I would go for it... the last thing you want is to feel PRESSURED!
JKFris09
Posted:
Member since
Re: Photog decision
Honestly, we knew our photographer was the one when we met with him. If you're not getting this feeling from the one you met with already keep looking. If it's meant to be things will work out and he will stay open on your date, if not you'll find the perfect one somewhere else.
HeatherRose
Posted:
Member since
Re: Photog decision
This is honestly, one of the most important decisions you need to make.. so don't feel pressure by 'this other couple' who knows if they even exist! It could just be a sell tool.
Also, if they book with them, and you miss out, it wasn't meant to be, and you will soon find out who was!
Make sure your getting everything that you want. I loved my photog, but there's things I would have done differently had I done more research. I would have still booked with them, but maybe changed my packages a little, I was just excited to book them, and didn't consider that maybe I don't need all the pictures in the package printed out b/c I get them all on a high res cd and can print them on my own whenever I want... and put more of the $$ towards the album that we upgraded too... Its a lot, so don't jump the gun, once you sign its hard to break it. GL
Wow that's a tuff call, if you are happy with this person why look into anyone else just book it, before someone else does. Worst case you go with your 2nd pick.
MrsDtoBe09
Posted:
Member since
Re: Photog decision
I knew I was going to book my photographer before I even got to the appointment. I basically just went and put down my deposit right away.... they must have been so happy... no persuasiveness necessary!
It's a tough call though... look quickly if you still feel the need to look! Good luck.