one of my BMs might be pregnant on my wedding day ... her husband and her are going to start trying in March (wedding is in August) but she's had some health problems in the past and doctors have told her her chances of conceiving are low.
Anyway, should i ask her to purchase her bridesmaid dress now, or should i let her wait a few more months to see what her prego status is (and if she'll need a larger size)?
Dress is from David's Bridal so i don't think the dress is going to disappear anytime soon (though who knows).
Any tips on what i should do?
KerriJohnS
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I think you should wait for her to order it. You still do have some time. also you should keep an eye on the dress just incase they do stop it.
we ordered my dresses in late July for a November wedding and all was fine. they even came in early.
April/mayish have her order. even as far as late may. Also they could do a rush order for just one dress if you needed to order later than that... I had one BM that did that and it was fine.
If she gets pregnant in June or later she def won't be showing by August... maybe just a few lbs but certainly not showing.
JAAMS
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I'd say def wait, but keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't go away
FutureMrsG
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I would have her wait to order the dress BUT remember if she does get pregnant right away she may not be able to wear certain styles by August...my MOH ended up being 9 months pregnant at my wedding and there was NO WAY she could have worn the BM dress I choose...even in her 5th month it would have been impossible to pull off.
rdubs
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I'd wait. I have on BM that wants to be pregnant at my wedding so I told her to wait until the spring to order (mine are from J Crew so she'll be okay).
JenBill61210
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
i sort of ran into the same situation, my sister who is the MOH told me she will be 8.5 months pregnant at my wedding, thankfully none of the girls have ordered their dresses yet so i'm going to go back and get a dress in chiffon material which will flatter pretty much everyone! good luck!
kat2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
talk to her and see how she feels about it. tell her you have no problem if she orders her dress later.
AwaitingAugust
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I think we'll just wait until May before she buys it ... but i'll keep my eye out on this style and make sure it doesn't go out of stock.
thanks everyone for your advice!
Diana508
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
You should ask if it'll be around next season, just to make sure.
Rosie0613
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
Posted by JAAMS
I'd say def wait, but keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't go away
ITA!
Diana12
Posted:
Member since
Re: possibly pregnant BM
I had the same issue and we were worried about the dress being discontinued. My BM ordered a larger dress, she can always have it taken if she does not get pregnant.