FH and I want to go to St.Lucia for our HM. The Sandals sale ends today and it is really a huge discount. It is just so early though what if the price continues to drop?
He loves to keep up with stocks and all and says things seem to be stabalizing so to do it. I am also nervous bc we are buying a tuck TODAY! so It just seems like sooo much money 'OUT' on one day....
HELP!!! WHAT TO DO???????????
UPDATE!!! BOOKED!!!!!!! 7 nights in St.Lucia!!! Grande Luxe Oceanview Room!!! If anyone else is on the fence about booking now, if the price goes down, before the final payment (which is due 45days before travel) you get the lower price.... so really there is nothing to lose!!!! (thanks for the tip Jenna )
AHHHHHH SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!
Jna2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
i dont think itll drop some crazy amount, theyve been running that promo on and off for the past few months... if youre comfortable with booking it and know thats def where you want to go then i say just go ahead and book it..... prices for the rest of 2009 are def not going up in my opinion, maybe once 2010 hits
MrsC2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
I think they keep extending that sale....its a hard decision because who knows when they will actually stop.
I would just say that if you aren't 100 percent positive thats where you want to go then don't book it yet...i am sure you will find other deals when you decide where you want to go.
soontobecruz
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
Well we definatly want to go there so that's not a concern. I think I might just do it
Well we definatly want to go there so that's not a concern. I think I might just do it
then i would def do it now!
christine2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
i think you should book now. especially if you are using a credit card to book, then u have more time to pay off.
CloudNine
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
there's always a risk that it might go lower but at the same time there is always that risk that it wont. if its a good deal today anyway then i would just do it. how much more of a deal can you get? either way you would have gotten it for less than regular price. i wouldnt risk having to pay full price
BOOK IT!!
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
personally, i would wait....everyone keeps telling me to wait also bc prices are going down bc no one is traveling - jmo
soontobecruz
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
ok last question... think if I book it and the price does drop I can fight them for upgrades? I always do this on cruises, but I have no idea about a Sandals resorts?
shelbylove918
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
they play with the fares all the time.. my advise as a travel agent would say wait on it.. unless u get insurance with it.. if you are set on st lucia and great price book it. but if you are indecisive i would wait.. the way the economy is im sure they will have another sale again..
Yankees2323
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
we were going to book it and when we priced everything we wnated out it was an amazing price..BUT!!!! since its over a yr the flight info isnt avail.. and i dont want to end up with a $2,000 flight so we are going to wait till its atleast a yr ahead!!
soontobecruz
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
We are definatly getting insurance bc we are going at the hieght of HURRICANE SEASON! YUCK! So no matter what we are getting insurance.
Other reason I am so eager to book we just had or e-party and we feel like we actually have the money to do this right now.
Yankees2323
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
did you price out flights around ur day in 09??
soontobecruz
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
Yea and it's about $500 with tax and all per person... not so bad right?
futureMrsJSL
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
Sandals has had this promotion for some time now but, you don't want to miss a good thing when it's such a huge discount.
soontobecruz
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
Posted by futureMrsJSL
Sandals has had this promotion for some time now but, you don't want to miss a good thing when it's such a huge discount.
My thoughts EXACTLY! and it is where we want to go.....
Nina1010
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
Posted by soontobecruz
FH and I want to go to St.Lucia for our HM. The Sandals sale ends today and it is really a huge discount. It is just so early though what if the price continues to drop?
He loves to keep up with stocks and all and says things seem to be stabalizing so to do it. I am also nervous bc we are buying a tuck TODAY! so It just seems like sooo much money 'OUT' on one day....
HELP!!! WHAT TO DO???????????
I would wait...JMO. I don't plan on booking my HM until I am able to get airfare. If you can get a great price on both, go for it. But buy insurance and pay with a credit card. Besides, you are way ahead of schedule...there will be more sales. My friend is a TA and he said they run great deals during Sept. and Oct. too. Good luck.
Yankees2323
Posted:
Member since
Re: To book the Hm or not?
i don't know i never saw it on sale for 65% off lol.. i just spent like 40mins on their site lol.. and it said you only need $400 to hold ur resv... i would go for it if thats where you want to go!!