vent...
long story, i'll try to shorten as much as possible.
FH and I have been talking about moving for quite sometime, actually since we met. He works for a paint company as an assistant manager, and I work as a bookkeeper for an accounting firm, and I'm kinda hating it and itching for a career change.
Fh said with his job he can transfer and try to get a higher position. He interviewed for 3 places out of state (yes, you have to re-interview), he didn't get any of them (one of them we were actually happy he didn't get once we looked into the area). he figured by taking the management training course it would up his chances. he told me the DM said that they try to look for people with knowledge in the area, and that could be a very good reason FH wasn't at the top of the list for another location.
Well, as he expected, his manager resigned, and he inquired about it, since he would not have to re-interview and it's guaranteed for him. but they want a 2-3 year commitment, and i said to him that i'd rather not do that, but if it meant a significant pay change for him, i'd bite my tongue. well, it doesn't increase as much as we hoped. and his DM said he was going to help him relocate, which was nice of him.
I'm just tired of waiting. And everyone's telling me I'm crazy to let this happen before the wedding. I wish people would mind there own business, like I don't have that figured out already? if FH had to transfer now, fine, I'll move back with my parents until the wedding, our apt. complex requires 60 days notice to terminate a lease with a job transfer anyway. I'd be so busy with this wedding planning that i wont really notice the distance so much. We're not talking crazy far, Ohio is a stretch, but honestly, I love it there and I would really love it if he could get transferred near his brother. We could live off one salary, or (because i'd go nuts) get a part time job for grocery money.
I just want a house. I don't want to live in my apartment anymore. School is almost here and all the students that attend stony brook get apartments in our complex. now that i have 4 cats (which is my own fault, i know) it's getting cramped. to get a 2 bedroom apartment is basically the same as a mortgage payment on a house NOT on long island, so why stay?
ugh. im tired of waiting for life.
![]()
FH and I have been talking about moving for quite sometime, actually since we met. He works for a paint company as an assistant manager, and I work as a bookkeeper for an accounting firm, and I'm kinda hating it and itching for a career change.
Fh said with his job he can transfer and try to get a higher position. He interviewed for 3 places out of state (yes, you have to re-interview), he didn't get any of them (one of them we were actually happy he didn't get once we looked into the area). he figured by taking the management training course it would up his chances. he told me the DM said that they try to look for people with knowledge in the area, and that could be a very good reason FH wasn't at the top of the list for another location.
Well, as he expected, his manager resigned, and he inquired about it, since he would not have to re-interview and it's guaranteed for him. but they want a 2-3 year commitment, and i said to him that i'd rather not do that, but if it meant a significant pay change for him, i'd bite my tongue. well, it doesn't increase as much as we hoped. and his DM said he was going to help him relocate, which was nice of him.
I'm just tired of waiting. And everyone's telling me I'm crazy to let this happen before the wedding. I wish people would mind there own business, like I don't have that figured out already? if FH had to transfer now, fine, I'll move back with my parents until the wedding, our apt. complex requires 60 days notice to terminate a lease with a job transfer anyway. I'd be so busy with this wedding planning that i wont really notice the distance so much. We're not talking crazy far, Ohio is a stretch, but honestly, I love it there and I would really love it if he could get transferred near his brother. We could live off one salary, or (because i'd go nuts) get a part time job for grocery money.
I just want a house. I don't want to live in my apartment anymore. School is almost here and all the students that attend stony brook get apartments in our complex. now that i have 4 cats (which is my own fault, i know) it's getting cramped. to get a 2 bedroom apartment is basically the same as a mortgage payment on a house NOT on long island, so why stay?
ugh. im tired of waiting for life.