ok so me & my friend Michelle went to see VYC with our other friend Jess. Jess is engaged also & already booked her hall at CLM!! (good choice! ) But after we all went in, got a tour of the place, she wants to cancel her contract with CLM!!! AND BOOK with VYC!!!! I told her all the great things about CLM & she just cant cancel b/c she wont get her deposit back- she said she didnt care about that! i feel so responsible that i probably should'nt have taken her there today. She is determined to cancel- what should i do about this- she said she's going to call CLM tomorrow or thurs to cancel.
BrideChrissy
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
There is really nothing you can do. Its not your fault that she fell in love with another hall. Maybe its good you took her there because if she loves it that much she will be happier. Are you upset that you wanted VYC also and you didn't want to have the same place?
irishsweetheart
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
I agree there really is nothing you can do now except be happy that she found a place that she fell in love with and hope that she can get her money back. Even though when it comes to big things like the place to hold your reception IMO sometimes it's worth spending the extra. I mean we only plan on getting married once right?
Chrissywish
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
She is a big girl and can make her own decisions. If she wants to give up a deposit and switch, then do not feel bad. You should be in love with your hall, as she should be with hers, and if this will keep her happy and she will be in love then I wouldn't worry. Did you want this place also???
LT708
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
I agree that there is nothing you can do. You didn't force her to book CLM in the first place and you didn't drag her to VYC. If she wants to switch, it's her and her FH's decision. Hopefully she can get her money back, but you should not feel guilty either way.
karen6474
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
well she talked it over with her FH & he wants to see the place b4 they cancel with CLM!!! it is a beautiful place- i would get married there but i already booked with CLM! You cant get your money back & it $1000 thats alot to waste- its not like its $100 & i love CLM! everything about it!!
Chrissywish
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
I'm glad he is being open and not shutting her down w/o talking it over. And I hope if he doesn't like it, she can be reasonable and keep the place they decided on. Whatever happens wish them luck!!!
karen6474
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
well he first said it was too late b/c they already booked the hall but they didnt get the church for that date so he is considering otherwise he said he will get married at CLM- he doesnt want to lose the 1000 deposit.
Chrissywish
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
I don't blame him. thats why I feel like I will look at 70 halls before I actually book one!!!
karen6474
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
where r u looking? what type of wedding do u want?
Chrissywish
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
I dont' know. I just want something different. I'm pretty far out east, but not really that close to anything. East wind is 20 mins, Majestic Gardens 20 mins or so. But I know people who have/or are getting/gotten married there. I think I want something by the water...but I want something different too. Most of my friends are married, so I don't want anything they have had, even though I love some of the places. I looked at Giorgio's. The room is gorgeous, and some of the views were great, but I just didn't think it was for me. I want to check out Chateau La Mer, Milleridge, I'm not sure what else.
karen6474
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
you can check land's end- i heard that was gorgeous. Sorry i'm not that much help!!
Blu-ize
Posted:
Member since
Re: what do i do now????
She can get her deposit back..suffolk county has a law if it's within 6 months of the date.