Post New Topic

a little confused....

christine2010 Posted:

a little confused....

Our wedding is April 23, our response date is March 20, & we plan on mailing the invites on February 20.

The confusion comes in when I think about getting 'No's.'

We guaranteed 110 people & are inviting 127. I already know for a fact that 2 people are not coming. So, that really leaves us with room for 15 people to say no.

What if more people respond 'No' but wait until just before the RSVP date to respond? How can I send out additional invites if the RSVP date has past??
MrsC2010 Posted:

Re: a little confused....

you would have to get invitations printed with a later rsvp date.

AwaitingAugust Posted:

Re: a little confused....

yes, you can send out more invites as you get no's ...

you can also speak with your RH and try to negotiage the guarantee to 100 instead.
Soon2bShea Posted:

Re: a little confused....

I would send out more invites maybe 2 weeks before the RSVP, JMO

julesrbf Posted:

Re: a little confused....

We told our add-ons that we would like them to share in our day and would they do us the honor ... and when we got verbal yeses we sent the invitations (past RSVP date) as a courtesy. People were understanding - I didn't hear any complaints.

christine2010 Posted:

Re: a little confused....


Posted by MrsC2010

you would have to get invitations printed with a later rsvp date.



everything has been printed already.
KatieG2010 Posted:

Re: a little confused....

just send yopur invites out earlier to give yourself more time and then once you start getting nos you can send out the peeps on the B list

runnerbride1023 Posted:

Re: a little confused....


Posted by KatieG2010

just send yopur invites out earlier to give yourself more time and then once you start getting nos you can send out the peeps on the B list



I agree.
AngnShaun Posted:

Re: a little confused....

well unless you get all the no's at the last minute... just send out to a b-lister as soon as you get a no...

ourwedding9510 Posted:

Re: a little confused....

If it just comes down to a couple of people you can always call and ask people on your B list if they ever recieved the invitation to the wedding and that you need a yes or no answer. If they say they can come then send them out another invitation and verify their address so you know it gets to the right place.

christine2010 Posted:

Re: a little confused....


Posted by ourwedding9510

If it just comes down to a couple of people you can always call and ask people on your B list if they ever recieved the invitation to the wedding and that you need a yes or no answer. If they say they can come then send them out another invitation and verify their address so you know it gets to the right place.



good thinking!!! that's the one i am going to go with.
Golden Posted:

Re: a little confused....


Posted by AwaitingAugust

yes, you can send out more invites as you get no's ...

you can also speak with your RH and try to negotiage the guarantee to 100 instead.



ITA!
slyman1101 Posted:

Re: a little confused....

in all honesty, i would send out a lot more invites in your first batch. we guaranteed 160 and send out over 200 invitations. we had about 175 yeses which was great. until this week... had a lot of unexpected cancellations and now were at 164. JUST making it. life happens and things come up. if you can, id send out like maybe 10 more invitations or so, jmo
BriansWifey Posted:

Re: a little confused....


Posted by MrsC2010

you would have to get invitations printed with a later rsvp date.



ita, orrrrrr................ im sure a few of us LIW brides would like to go!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.