Post New Topic

Cancun Honeymooners

mej1012 Posted:

Cancun Honeymooners

We were supposed to go to the moon palace resort for our honeymoon on Nov 18. So far the travel agent told us that they do not know the extent of the damage to the area and that we shouldn't cancel until we know. Just wondering what everyone else was doing, if you were canceling, and if so where were you rebooking to!! This is so frustrating!! How much money do yo lose if you switch your plans!!

ShortBride Posted:

Re: Cancun Honeymooners

We are scheduled to go on 12/10, and our travel agent said the same as yours. However, the photos on Cnn, etc. look really bad. I'm thinking that we will both have to make other plans - we are looking into aruba or Jamaica. We didn't pay for the resort yet, and I think for the airfare we can switch, with a penalty...

If you have already paid for the resort, they may be able to reschedle you for later in the year when it is up and running...

www.tripadvisor.com cancun forums has some helpful info
Novem05 Posted:

Re: Cancun Honeymooners

We are supposed to go to Secrets Excellence on Nov 13, I contacted the travel agent on Friday and she told me to wait out the weekend and see the extent of the damage. I would say we will be changing our plans but I'm not sure where, maybe Jamaica or Aruba.

jennandrob Posted:

Re: Cancun Honeymooners

We're holding off until tomorrow - Tuesday to see what the extent of the damage is at El Dorado Royale. Our backup plan is Aruba.

betty2005 Posted:

Re: Cancun Honeymooners

I received the same advice from our travel agent. Our back-up plan is Aruba, either the Radisson or Renaissance resort. Its very frustrating.

ShortBride Posted:

Re: Cancun Honeymooners


Posted by betty2005

Its very frustrating.



I agree!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.