So, I called to book my church yesterday...and was told the priest would call me back, and I haven't heard from him yet (why, yes, I'm paranoid... why do you ask!)
How long do I wait until I call again to try and book? I'm not worried about the RH because I can move the date (if I have to... which I shouldn't so far in advance) and not lose my deposit ...but I really just want to put this part to rest.
It's the one priest that coordinates all of this so I get the feeling that getting him on the phone may be a chore. I'd be willing to go to another church but REALLY want to get married in my church... What should I do?
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
If you are getting married in 2010 most likely you wont be able to book until mid 2009-most churches do not have a book on hand to put you in for that date as there are no calendars for 2010 in production yet
jaep129
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
It took for ever for the priest to get back to us that they already had the early wedding times booked. I would either go in or call back!
MaggieLuvsJoe
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
most churches dont get the book for the following year until January. I had to wait until January 08 to book my june 09 wedding. You still have plenty of time, just call every couple of months to check if they have the book yet.
JoanneAndJustin
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
Thanks! I figured that is what the issue was but if the person had just said: You're calling too far in advance, just call back in January that would have been fine... They just said the priest would call me back... so I'll chill for awhile :)
Plus: My FH would like to get confirmed so I was trying to do a 2-in-1 appointment It'll take him several months with the classes so maybe in two or three months I'll call to inquire about THAT
PegaLega
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
Posted by windyBride33
Thanks! I figured that is what the issue was but if the person had just said: You're calling too far in advance, just call back in January that would have been fine... They just said the priest would call me back... so I'll chill for awhile :)
Plus: My FH would like to get confirmed so I was trying to do a 2-in-1 appointment It'll take him several months with the classes so maybe in two or three months I'll call to inquire about THAT
I would wait a few months, at the end of the summer call about the confirmation classes and how long htey will take, etc. this way you are prepared with that amount of time-b/c you will also have to do Pre-cana prior to your wedding.
Most likely the priest will call you back to run thru all the info with you-precana, Foccus, requirements and things you will need to get them, etc. and then will say-BUT we cant book you bc we have no book...just wait it out, if he doesnt call in the next few weeks calls back
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Church Question - XPost from 2010 Board
It took a while for my church to call back. They didnt have a 2010 book yet but they made a note. Whatever you do, DO NOT tell them you booked the RH. I've heard this from soooo many girls. The church likes to think you booked them first.