So as most of you know my aunt, uncle and grandma on my mom's side are not acknowledging my engagement or wedding. SO about a week ago my mom finally talked to my aunt and uncle and they seem to be supportive now (I'm cautiously optimistic).
The last time I talked to my cousin she was very me me me as she is getting married in May and feels stressed b/c no one is talking. I def understood what she was saying. I'm in her bp and I even said I would not be a bm if it would cause her less stress. She didn't really give me a answer on that, and when I asked her to be a bm she said I can't even think about that right now
So I still haven't heard from her. I have a bridal showcase the end of the month at my RH....should I call her and invite her or is the ball in her court now?
Thanks...sorry so long
angelatp
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
Family come with so much drama, too bad we can't pick them like we can pick our friends.
IMO, I would not even ask her again, but that's just me, I have very little patience with people. I would choose people who actually want to be in the BP and who would be genuinely happy for me. I am in a simular situation with my family and I have decided not to include any of them as my BM. I choose my friends who really cared. Afterall it is FH and my day. We are paying are paying for the wedding and therefore, it is our decision to make. It's funny how the true colors of family really come out.
I wish you luck. It is your decision.
Reymiliz
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
I do agreewith her on why she might be a little stressed considering her wedding is 5 months away ... soem of us are stress and we still have a year ... I would say just let her know about it and if she shows up then you know she wants to be a part of it and if she doesnt then you know she doesnt... unless she says she des ...
Confusing I know ... goodluck
Jna2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
I would just do it... if anything goes down between you too she cant ever say you didnt try to include her....
it tough though cuz i would be so angry in your situation, but my family has so many grudges that i try to avoid them as much as possible
DnT2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
honestly... her wedding is in 5 months and yours is in a year and a half.. i would wait til hers passes and then start asking her to get involved in your wedding. shes probably just overwhelmed.
OR invited her and say its ok if you dont want to come, im sure youre busy with your wedding. if not, in sure there will be other showcases after May.
just imagine how you would feel 5 months before your wedding.. im sure the last thing you want to think about is someone elses wedding. good luck!
rocketsummer17
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
Posted by DnT2010
honestly... her wedding is in 5 months and yours is in a year and a half.. i would wait til hers passes and then start asking her to get involved in your wedding. shes probably just overwhelmed.
OR invited her and say its ok if you dont want to come, im sure youre busy with your wedding. if not, in sure there will be other showcases after May.
just imagine how you would feel 5 months before your wedding.. im sure the last thing you want to think about is someone elses wedding. good luck!
couldnt have said it better myself
FallBride2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
I wouldnt ask her. Being stressed isnt a good enough reason to treat someone that way -- no matter how soon the wedding is. I probably think differently than everyone else...but it's a wedding...not a life or death situation that should have you so consumed and on edge that you cant care about anyone else or there feelings. I wouldnt invite her. And when you go look for BM dresses...I would tell her the time and date and let her know you'd be happy for her to join but it's her decision. Leave it up to her...but dont go out of your way...b/c she likely wont appreciate it and you'll just feel hurt
JoanneAndJustin
Posted:
Member since
Re: Family Question
I would invite her, put the ball in her court see what she says... if she doesn't respond or declines I would sit her down to see if she really wants you in the BP or if YOU even want to be in her BP.