Looking for answers to customer support questions? Click Here
Wedding Forums > Brides Helping Brides ™ > FH just sprung a doozy on me...
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
RoandJoe
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:40 AM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:40 AM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
He has decided he would like to aim for Feb/March 2014
We have EVERYTHING booked--just not yet paid for in full. We have vendors who are in pretty high demand and I'm scared we wont be able to get them for any dates in those two months. I don't have a dress, no BM dresses yet.
Futhermore, having it in November gave us a lot more time to pay everything off.
He thinks if we get married sooner, we can buy a house sooner. I'm officially bugging out. What would you do? Call all vendors and see if they have availability, or just stick to the date we have booked?
I also just realized this means a change in color scheme too, flowers. OMG
luckyerialc
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:43 AM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:43 AM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
WOW! Talk about a doozy!!! If it were me, I would probably stick with the original date. In the gradn scheme of things, 6-8 months is not a huge amount of time to wait (in terms of buying a house). It will cause you so many headaches to call all the vendors, rethink your color scheme and overall theme, and adjusting to now having a wedding less than a year away! AH!
ladygoodman
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:46 AM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:46 AM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
I would call the vendors just to see if the are available, if they aren't then there's your answer. As for color scheme I'm not one of those people who this you can only use certain colors certain parts of the year.
kaw2be
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:51 AM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:51 AM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
Wowza, that's a big one. I think it will really be hard to get your vendors all on the same day for a March wedding. My friend just started planning for March next year and is already having a hard time getting some vendors. I think contact them all and see what they say.
Soon2BeMrsPy
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:51 AM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:51 AM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
AH!!! Honestly, I would see if it could be done. I would love to be Mrs. sooner!
Soon2BeMrsMango
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:05 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:05 PM
Re: FH just sprung a doozy on me...
Posted by luckyerialc
WOW! Talk about a doozy!!! If it were me, I would probably stick with the original date. In the gradn scheme of things, 6-8 months is not a huge amount of time to wait (in terms of buying a house). It will cause you so many headaches to call all the vendors, rethink your color scheme and overall theme, and adjusting to now having a wedding less than a year away! AH!
this!
RoandJoe
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:05 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:05 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
I told him it's definitely not happening. I just had a serious panic attack just THINKING about it!! It can wait. I don't even know why I considered it for a millisecond. I feel so much better. I couldn't breathe thinking about all of the changes we would have to make!!
CNB0207
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:10 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:10 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
I will be honest, March may be difficult. It has become a pretty popular month. When we were looking in Feb, we wanted March or November and alot of places were booked. Thats why we ended up planning a wedding in 9 months LOL. But I wouldn't change it because I wouldn't want to wait almost 2 years to get married! So its really up to you.
brads girl
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:13 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 12:13 PM
Re: FH just sprung a doozy on me...
Posted by luckyerialc
WOW! Talk about a doozy!!! If it were me, I would probably stick with the original date. In the gradn scheme of things, 6-8 months is not a huge amount of time to wait (in terms of buying a house). It will cause you so many headaches to call all the vendors, rethink your color scheme and overall theme, and adjusting to now having a wedding less than a year away! AH!
This!! I would wait until November like you planned.. You'll have that extra time to save money
NIKOLE
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 01:24 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 01:24 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
Oh mannnnnnn crazy
Lori0413
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 01:36 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 01:36 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
I think you made the right decision to stick with the original date. It's too much of a hassle and, honestly, you can still house-hunt! FH and I are doing so and are hoping to have a house to move into right after the honeymoon!
cets1290
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 02:56 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 02:56 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
I would call each vendor, and if they all have availability for the same date in Feb/March that you want, then there's no reason not to change the date. If most of the vendors aren't available on the same date, I wouldn't change the date because you are going to lose all of those deposits
LadyReeRee
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 03:48 PM+

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 03:48 PM
FH just sprung a doozy on me...
If you really do want to change it, Feb would be a lot easier than March. But I get where you're coming from. When I was looking for venues, I was asked a few times if I was interested in Dec of 2013 to save some money (since they want to fill up the empty dates). Just the thought of planning a wedding in under a year made my upper lip start sweating!Welcome New Vendors
- The Barn At Old Bethpage Discover the charm a...
- Tellers: An American Chophouse Celebrate Your Love ...
- Cup Of Tea Creative Unique Wedding Gifts...
- Speeches for Milestones The Big Day Has Arri...
- Long Island Bridal Expo Connecting Brides & ...
- 1 More Rep 1 More Rep: Elite Fi...
- Bellport Inn The Bellport Inn –...
- Fiddlers Dream Music Experience the Music...
- Havana Central Celebrate Your Weddi...
- Primerica Nelida Flynn Primerica Nelida Fly...
- Acetra Affairs Here at Acetra Affai...
- The Crushed Olive Discover Culinary Ex...



















