Post New Topic

Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

Original post by beautyq115

I had the interview today...They are interviewing other people (which is not what I was told previously!)

It would be for 5th grade and I would be making $80 a day

The woman who I would be replacing is not due until September and then after she has the baby she has 6 weeks of disablity and then she can decide if she is coming back. Also if she decides NOT to come back my salary and benefits would not kick in for 3 months!! And of course I forgot to ask how much that would be I am so mad at myself!!

What the hell am I going to do??? I really hope that I don't get it so the decision is made for me!!
__________________________________

Update...8/25....well of course I decide that I would take the job and THEY CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE SAYING I DIDN'T GET IT!! I am upset because now I still have nothing. I hope this was meant to be
Soon2BeMrs2006 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

i think you should take it

beautyq115 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please


Posted by SweetCin704

Kathleen, it just seems like you have so many doubts about this position. Something tells me you are leaning more towards saying NO, but are worried if that is your last hope. I'm like you too in that I'll play the yes/no in my head and work out all the scenarios but then be more confused than when I started. I'm sooo indecisive.

If no teaching position came up, are you able to temp (office work?) I was making good money this summer doing that & I believe after a certain amount of time (3 months or so) you actually get benefits. That's my fallback plan, yet I REALLY want to teach.

Is your cert in Elementary? What grade were you teaching last year?



I don't want a gap in my resume so that is a reason that I would take this job and I am worried that nothing else will come up between now and the beginning of school.
BUT I am afraid that what if something else does come up...and I also don't like the fact that there are no benefits
beautyq115 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

Oh and I am certified N-6...I taught 2nd last year

diggity10 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

I would probably take it at this point in the summer. Although there is one more week left, and i know people who have been hired like 2 days before school started.

I would take it, but still interview u could always turn it down if a full time job came up
SweetCin704 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

Kathleen, that is true, maybe just take it & if something better comes along NOW you don't have to feel bad b/c they are interviewing a few people & not just you, so they'd have a backup.

SummerBride06 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

if you have nothing else, TAKE IT!!! the money *****, but you'll get experience which will eventually help you get a much better paying job.

the summer is almost over, take what you can get. that's similar to how i started and it was hard to make ends meet at the time, but now i've got a great job and make a lot more money than that!!
megandj Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

I would definitely take the offer. So many people in my SD start as a short leave replacement, then someone else get pregnant and they just switch the teacher over. I think subbing and leave replacements are the best way to get into a full time job. JMO Good Luck!
aje78 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

I think you should take it--she might not come back--and there could be something else that opens up for you--it looks good on your resume and you can still look for a job--Good luck!!!!

Jen2999 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

i keep checking in to see what you are thinking and really I was in the SAME position last year. Not having benefits did stink, but when you think about it, as a sub you wont get benefits either, at leats with this you will after the couple of months and you will have steady income

I got benefits in February and switched to salary....the months prior sucked, but it was worth it to have my classroom, my kids etc,

When I wenton the interview for the position I came home and told FH NO WAY am I taking it. They made me wait almost an hour to actually get interviewed and i didnt even like the way they structured it or the people.

I took it because like you, I felt I had to and to my surprise I loved it. I think when things overwhlem us , like a big chnage, we tend to want the easy way out ..... in your case I really think you should suck it up and take it because you have nothing else to lose.

I am confident you will find your place whenever it may be
PeterNChris Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

I am a teacher and I say take the job. Most likely she will be out all year and if not, there is always someone else that gets pregnant or leaves. Also, some teachers do not come back at the last minute for many reasons and they may put you in a permanent position. That is how I got my job!

beautyq115 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... need advice please

I was talking to my MOm yesterday and I think I am going to take it...the fact is many school are starting next week...I am down to the 11th hour here. My mom also knows someone on the board at the school and my mom spoke to her last night....this woman is most likely NOT coming back and it really would be a miracle if she did.

Now we have to see if its offered to me
beautyq115 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

BUMP...UPDATED ON ORIGINAL POST

cindyandkevin Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

Oh Kathleen, I'm so sorry!!! You never know, you might find something at the last minute!! These things happen for a reason!!
LuvMyFH Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

I know your upset but I truly believe everything happens for a a reason!

You will get something soon.
SweetCin704 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

Kathleen, I felt so bad for you yesterday, you really looked down.

I'm sure things DO happen for a reason & something will come along. Hang in there, don't give up. I've noticed the last 2 days I've gotten more calls than I've gotten all summer (mostly for subbing or P/T teaching jobs--but at least they are starting to call).

Don't give up yet....I'm sure things will work out.
CC59 Posted:

Re: Had interview...Don't know what to do... UPDATE 8/25

Oh Kathleen I'm so sorry!!! Did you end up calling that lady that you were thinking of calling?

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.