Post New Topic

Horrified

redjasper32 Posted:

Horrified

OMG OMG OMG OMG

FH called me this morning to tell me that it was just announced at work that he is a candidate to be sent to China for a 10 month project.
His boss is well AWARE of our September wedding!

Of course the first thing I do is call my mom, and she tells me that I shoudlnt worry...since nothing is confirmed. Im totally freaking out here. So I email my fh and he calls me back to tell me it will all work out, not to worry. How can I NOT worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What if he goes and then is here only for the week of the wedding, what kind of C R A P would that be like! What if we have to delay our wedding!!!!!!!!!!!! OK Im freaking out!!!!!
TrueLoveIn2008 Posted:

Re: Horrified

Oh no So sorry to hear this! But it will work out... trust your FH!!
wifetobe Posted:

Re: Horrified

Im so sorry I'd be freaking out too!! Can he decline..does he want to decline and when will it be set in stone who's going???
cherish83 Posted:

Re: Horrified

Try to relax.. When will he know for sure? I'd be freaking out too, but there is nothing to panic about YET... Good luck
Mrs. V 2008 Posted:

Re: Horrified

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this..i can only imagine how stressful and frustrating this may be for you..Just try to relax and not jump to any conclusions..I'm sure everything will work out...
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by JBoothIn2008

Oh no So sorry to hear this! But it will work out... trust your FH!!



Thank you, Im trying to remain calm, I feel bad becuase I noticed a bit excitement in his voice. I couldnt share that with him.
lillprincess54 Posted:

Re: Horrified

just relax you wont have to delay your wedding just try and wait calmly until you get more info from his work


if he goes to china, will he get more money or a promotion when he comes back?
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by wifetobe

Im so sorry I'd be freaking out too!! Can he decline..does he want to decline and when will it be set in stone who's going???



I dont know yet when it will be decided. I so want to ask him if he can turn it down, but I dont want to be selfish!!!
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by cherish83

Try to relax.. When will he know for sure? I'd be freaking out too, but there is nothing to panic about YET... Good luck



Thank you
futuremrsfab Posted:

Re: Horrified

hang in there- we'll all pray that it doesnt go through or it happens after your wedding
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by Bride 2 Be

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this..i can only imagine how stressful and frustrating this may be for you..Just try to relax and not jump to any conclusions..I'm sure everything will work out...



Thank you
FinallyEngaged Posted:

Re: Horrified

i would freak out to.. but maybe it is an honor just to be a candidate and they will not give it to him b/c they know he has the wedding, but they still want to give him credit by saying he is a candidate.... you get what i am trying to say?!

redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by lillprincess54

just relax you wont have to delay your wedding just try and wait calmly until you get more info from his work


if he goes to china, will he get more money or a promotion when he comes back?



Im finally calming down.....this would be his promotion. He's been talking about this for a year but he was told that whoever went will be leaving in Jan 09.
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by FinallyEngaged

i would freak out to.. but maybe it is an honor just to be a candidate and they will not give it to him b/c they know he has the wedding, but they still want to give him credit by saying he is a candidate.... you get what i am trying to say?!




I hope so...omg I want him to go but not now
bluekat16 Posted:

Re: Horrified

I'm soo sorry this is happening now...but it's not written in stone yet so try to remain calm.

Even if it were to happen, I'm sure there is some sort of solution. If it's a Jan 09 start date that would be ideal. It sounds like it would be a great opportunity for FH and I'm sure they would give him time off for the wedding and honeymoon. Would you go over to China with him?
redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by bluekat16

I'm soo sorry this is happening now...but it's not written in stone yet so try to remain calm.

Even if it were to happen, I'm sure there is some sort of solution. If it's a Jan 09 start date that would be ideal. It sounds like it would be a great opportunity for FH and I'm sure they would give him time off for the wedding and honeymoon. Would you go over to China with him?



Its funny, we were discussing this last month, but yea I would be going too. Ill just wait, hopefully they will tell him soon.
RadiantBride Posted:

Re: Horrified

OMG that is horrible. Hopefully things will work out. Can the project be split with him and a colleague? Maybe he can go after the honeymoon?

redjasper32 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by RadiantBride

OMG that is horrible. Hopefully things will work out. Can the project be split with him and a colleague? Maybe he can go after the honeymoon?



That would be great!! If it happens after I would be sooo happy!!!
KK Holiday Posted:

Re: Horrified

take a breath and try to calm down

nothing has been finalized yet and i'm sure your FH will do everything in his power to make sure he will be here for your wedding
TrueLoveIn2008 Posted:

Re: Horrified


Posted by redjasper32


Posted by lillprincess54

just relax you wont have to delay your wedding just try and wait calmly until you get more info from his work


if he goes to china, will he get more money or a promotion when he comes back?



Im finally calming down.....this would be his promotion. He's been talking about this for a year but he was told that whoever went will be leaving in Jan 09.



Have they told him the start date has changed?? If it hasn't, no worries right???

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.