Post New Topic

Job Question: Listen to this... (long)

busybee705 Posted:

Job Question: Listen to this... (long)

So I interviewed for a litigation software company mid-april about a database analyst position. They called me up for a second interview the week after and spoke to the manager. He said he would contact me in a couple of days if they would extend an offer.

They never did. I called them back the last week of April to find out if I got the job or not. The manager told me that 'they would not extend a job offer at this time'.

So I gave up on that position and started a temporary assignment two weeks ago at a hospital. So far, so good.

The software company emailed me today to ask about 'my availability'. I called him back and told him I am currently working, and in the event they were to extend a job offer, I would need to leave two weeks notice.

Should I call tomorrow to ask if they are definitely extending an offer and ask about work schedule and my salary, or should I wait for them to call me to extend the offer?
Blu-ize Posted:

Re: Job Question: Listen to this... (long)

How did your conversation end? Did they say they would get back to you? If so, they are probably trying to find someone who is available right away. Don't be surprised if they call you in a few days. I would wait, but I don't like the way they do business already.

busybee705 Posted:

Re: Job Question: Listen to this... (long)

The conversation ended by him saying 'I'll get back to you'.

But given that he didn't call me 3 weeks ago to let me know I didn't get the job then, should I wait to find out if he's extending an offer now?

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.