Post New Topic

Kind of Sensitive...need advice!!!

Original post by SweetCin704

As some of you know I was married b4 for less than a year about 10 years ago. I started the annulment process in 2004 and have gone thru everything...their recommendation was for counseling which we've begun (FH & I). The priest in the diocese wants the counselor to get back to him w/ a report after 8-10 sessions (well if we kept going once a week, that would be the end of April)....(we're going to ask our counselor this week if we can double up 2x a week). Counselor is great and we are friendly w/ him.

I've been upfront w/ the diocese & said we're older & plan on starting a family ASAP & we have our heart set on that date b/c its my grandparents' anniversary (THEY are NOT happy the date is set). I also let them know I'm a catholic school teacher & do not want to wait another FULL year.

Our church in town has been wonderful & our monsignor is doing everything possible for this to happen. He said as soon as we hear he'd get us thru pre-cana & how July is not a very busy month & that date shouldn't be a problem.....

Dilemma is this.........at what point do I say, we can't wait anymore?! It will kill FH to not get married in the church (or more so his family).

I figure the latest I can order invites is first week in April.....

My back-up plan is an Episcopal church not far from me....

Please help!
donegal419 Posted:

Re: Kind of Sensitive...need advice!!!

you beat me with your update post by about a minute!!! good luck with everything!! hopefully, time will be on your side, and if not, it looks like you have a good 'back up plan'

hang in there!
KandL Posted:

Re: Kind of Sensitive...need advice!!!

Could I ask you, where is Fr. Joe's chapel? If you have a ceremony scheduled for outside and it rains, can you change it to the chapel that day?

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.